Part 12: Cast out

When you train to become a warrior, you know that emotions have to be put aside sometimes, there are moments when you should never show any form of emotion, in fact thats most moments, but when he shouted those words in my face I could feel everything in my body turn to ash and then to water, which then flooded out of my eyes as I ran through the corridors.

I didn't know where I was headed but that was completely irrelevant, all I knew was what he had said to me and it hurt, it hurt like nothing before. I came to the main doors of the palace, wondering whether I would leave or not. I didn't answer myself I didn't have to, my arms flung up and pushed the large doors open, I looked around me and down a path was where we kept our horses, I grabbed my dark horse and rode it to the rainbow bridge.

Usually you would see Heimdal, but he was gone, the bridge was dull and the dome seemed empty, the perfect place to be alone. I got off the horse and entered the large dome, the interior was as it had always been, a port in the middle where Heimdal would enter his sword, turn it and send you on your way, but Loki had taken all of that.

I sat on a step and cried for a while, when I heard the sound of galloping hooves, I was worried that my horse had run off and that I would have to walk back, and believe me its a long walk and thats just the bridge, but when I went out to tend to her it was Loki I found on his own horse.

I turned away and walked back into the dome, wiping the tears from my eyes, hoping that he wouldn't notice I had cried because of him, the next thing I heard was his raised voice "you insufferable woman!"

To say the least I wasn't in the mood for his names and his games, I snapped my body around and glared at him "I'm insufferable?!" I shouted as I pointed to myself.

"You demand for everything you cannot have! It drives me insane!" he spat.

I scoffed "then you shouldn't have bed me!" he instantly looked away from me, to the floor by his side and then stifled to look at me.

He seemed to laugh though nothing was funny "you drive me crazy! So much so I conjure guards when I need an excuse to leave! That is how desperate I was to be away from you!" At first I was baffled at his pathetic way of avoiding me but then I wondered why, he noticed this in my face "I can't stop thinking about you, you're a distraction, and I can't have distractions"

Should I have been flattered? Should I have danced around squealing? That he couldn't stop thinking about me? Or should I be worried that he called me a distraction, one that he couldn't have? "wait what are you saying?" his eyes were laced with cunning plans and I became fearful for myself "Loki?!"

It became apparent I no-longer cared for a relationship with Loki, all we seemed to do was fight, in every conversation we would argue, we would make a terrible couple, I grew tired of his games and his trickery, I wanted more of myself than someone that Loki would bed whenever he wanted to and reject me every other day.

If Loki wanted to play games I wanted no part in it, games are for children and I was no-longer a child of Asgard, I was one of its warriors and I wasn't going to let any man walk all over me, no matter if he was king or not. His title meant nothing to me now, I viewed everyone in Asgard as equals even if we were not. As I continued to stare at him, his eyes shook and my body did the same "Loki?! What are you saying?!"

Loki looked at me then and his eyes were bloodshot, a single and lonesome tear had crept its way out of his green eyes, one of little despair "you must go"

"Go? From where? The palace? You would ask me to leave the only thing I know how to do because you want me? No. You will not drive me from my friends, my home..."

"The palace is your home so long as I allow it and my patience with you is wearing thin!" a single flicker of grief approached his eyes and then disappeared, replaced with coldness and wickedness.