Part 15: Just like old times

Loki stood from his throne as he noticed us entering the room, Ake standing below him to his left. Sif walked in front of me and so she was the first person Loki saw, then he saw the warriors three and his face fell, it was only when he saw me tailing them that his jaw dropped open and Ake's face lit up, I heard Loki say something that was just about audible "it can't be"

"Loki, king of Asgard" Fandral began "I present the 1st princess in her line" in my line? What line? Wait... Did they expect me to have children? "Eerika" I bowed my head and as did Loki "I am Fandral, prince of Vanaheim and this is my wife the princess Sif, we have come to keep an eye on Eerika and help to find the lost prince, who is also in line to marry Eerika" Loki seemed almost astounded and I held in a laugh at the look on his face.

Sif stepped forward "I requested that I be the one to fill you in on the Vanir's plans, Eerika could you wait outside please? Perhaps the royal advisor would like a word" I looked over to Ake who was positively beaming at me and I felt warm inside. He remembered me? Better yet he was happy to see me!!

When Sif suggested that I almost lunged at him, I couldn't wait to talk to him "my lady" Ake said trying to be polite, I nodded and accompanied him outside, when the doors were fully closed I pounced on him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders "I thought you had forgotten me"

"Never" he said into my shoulder then he pulled back and eyed me up "and look at you! You're stunning, but did they have to tie you up to get you in pink?"

"Oh god I've missed you" I hugged him again, it was like nothing had changed, he was Ake, my friend, nothing had changed. Then I pulled away and smacked his chest, pushing him back a few steps "why didn't you come looking for me?"

"I'm sorry, Loki told me why he banished you and then I got this job..."

"He told you why he banished me and you didn't kick his teeth in?!" I crossed my arms with frustration, usually in Asgard I fight with Loki, fighting with Ake was something else.

He shushed me and whispered "I couldn't! Loki would have had me killed for that! And I couldn't come looking for you because Loki was watching every move I made, I was never comfortable with what he did to you but I couldn't do anything about it" I shook my head "and after he killed Colby I didn't want to take my chances"

My eyes widened and I gasped, Loki killed Colby? "What?! He did what?!"

Ake shushed me again and then leant closer "a couple of weeks after you left, Colby was talking poorly of you, saying that it was good riddance to you and that you were a little whore anyway, the next day we found him dead in the gardens" I swallowed hard, I couldn't believe it "And then there was a battle in Alfheim and Gustav took one look at the enemy and had a heart attack"

"So everyone is dead? Well except for Endre" I couldn't believe it, half of us were dead, only three of us remained and we had all gone our separate ways, things had changed more than I had anticipated. Ake nodded and I partially understood why he kept his distance. The thought of Loki killing Colby for good sport wasn't hard to picture, but Loki killing Colby because he talked poorly of me was harder to picture.

Strange. That whole thing was very strange. I was about to question Ake some more when Sif came out on her own, she said hello to Ake who bowed his head to her, she turned to me with a sour look on her face "Loki believes that the backup plan with the lost prince won't work, that our only chance at forming an alliance will be through you and him, he wants you as his queen" my jaw dropped a little and my face reddened, Loki made me so angry it's unreal.

I pushed past her through the doors and then shouted for the others to leave me and Loki alone, when they left I slammed the doors shut and turned to him "why dearest, you still have that temper I see, no matter" he eyed up my dress and looked pleased "how long is it before I can tear that off of you?" He was toying with me, all I wanted to do was turn him black and blue with my fists.