Part 10: He left my lips tingling

I continued patronising Loki, I found it somewhat amusing, however he did not. I could see his blood boil every time I referred to him as 'my king'. Ake began to question why I was doing it, I explained the argument between Loki and myself, he chuckled "well you are infuriating" I elbowed him and he continued to laugh.

One day I was passing Loki and showed him my respect, his expression visibly stiffened, he grabbed my arm and pulled me aside into an empty corridor "stop it!"

"Stop what my king?"

"That! Stop saying that!" The bridge of his nose screwed up every time he got angry and it was quite amusing.

"But... You told me to be more respectful, that's what I'm doing. My k..." I went to say it again to push him even more but he cut me off.

His head turned to my eyes like a bolt of lightning... Bad example "don't! Argh! Why must you be so... So insufferable?"

I rolled my eyes "I guess you just bring it out of me, you asked and you got what you wanted, but not even that satisfies you"

"What do you know about what satisfies me?" His tone continued to hiss but it was more hushed now.

I scoffed a little "Colby's face tells all"

He leaned closer to me as he spoke like he was trying to intimidate me "you think that was satisfactory? Could you be any more pigheaded?" He stepped back again looking about him for unwanted company.

"Then why did you do it?! If not to quench your psychotic needs!"

"BECAUSE HE HURT YOU!" I don't think he meant to say it, by his expression it was like it just slipped out. My breath was stolen and I was left speechless, what could I say? Did he have feelings for me? Was he allowed to have feelings for me? Could I ask him? He brushed past my frozen body and attempted to leave but as he left out into the open corridor I shouted after him.

"What are you trying to say?" My fingers trembled but this time it wasn't due to harsh winds, I was frightened, frightened of what? I know now I was frightened of what his answer would be.

He stopped dead, his hand tightened around his staff and his head looked down "I shouldn't have said that"

"Tell me!"

"I said that to Odin once when I demanded answers" he continued to face away from me, I stepped closer to him so I was arms length from his back.

"And did you get them? Answers I mean" I felt my voice tremble and we had both calmed.

He gave one laugh which was more a breath "yes"

"Well then give me mine, what were you trying to say?" He turned quickly and slightly jumped at how close I was, I hadn't realised how close I was. His eyes softened and his hand lifted to my cheek, his thumb caressed my skin and it was a telling notion, my eyes locked onto his and refused to let go, drawing him closer to me. His hand slid to hold the back of my head and his body shuffled forward, his head leant down and his lips pressed against mine.

He dropped his staff with a clang but I hadn't noticed, his now free hand held the other side of my head, and my arms wrapped around his neck. Was this illegal? For a king to fraternise with his... Shall we say employee? I didn't know if this was wrong but in that moment it felt somehow... Right.

Loki pulled away quickly, wiping his lips with the back of his hand "I'm sorry" I was speechless as my lips tingled from the kiss, I didn't want him to stop and I didn't understand why he had. I went to speak but he seemed to disappear into a cloak of shimmering green smoke. My eyes searched every inch of the corridor but I was alone, he had left me.