Progress! | Chapter 4

Atlas: What if you try the other way around?

Octavius: Then it would explode, and we wouldn't want that.

Alphys: So what are the options so far?

Octavius: Create a time machine, use a human SOUL or kill a god.

Alphys: Oh, well all of those options sound bad.

Mettaton: Can't we use one of the SOULs the king has?

Octavius: No, it needs to be a human SOUL from a different universe.

Mettaton: Well, we do-

Octavius: I'm not using Kris, forget about it, they didn't ask to be here, you think they want to be here?

Mettaton: OK ok, we won't use Kris.

Alphys: How did you get here?

Atlas: Fire surrounded them and swapped them around, but when Octavius went, nothing came to this side.

Octavius: What, why?

Atlas: Not enough determination, luckily Octavius had enough of it because without it you can't survive the trip.

Alphys: Determination? i've worked with that before. I tired putting some in monster's SOULs and they began to melt.

Octavius: So monsters can't get to our universe, you don't think that was the king? do you?

Atlas: It could have been, seeing as monsters don't have determination.

Alphys: Oh no, if it was him, then who has control over the SOULs?

Octavius: We should probably so check on the SOULs then, does anyone know the way to his castle?

Undyne: I do! i'll take you there!

Octavius: Great! Alphys and Mettaton you two stay here, Atlas will need your help, and the rest of us will go check.

Alphys: Oh, ok.

Octavius: Alright! everyone listen! the king might be dead and the SOULs could be left there so if he is dead then they are in danger. Alphys and Mettaton will stay here to continue the research, while the rest of us go check on the SOULs, does any one want to stay here instead?

Papyrus: I shall come!

Sans: Eh, why not, got nothing else to do.

Toriel: I don't want to see him, but if the SOULs are in danger then i'll come as well.

Kris: Guess I got something to do now.

Octavius: Great! Undyne is coming as well as she knows the way.

Undyne: Let's go!

Everyone leaves to go to Asgore's castle while Alphys and Mettaton stay there to continue the research. After many road blocks, Alhys, Atlas, and mettaton finally find a way to get them back, but is very dangerous.

Atlas: Yes! that's the stuff!

Alphys: But won't it be dangerous?

Atlas: It will, but if they don't have to harm anyone, then it works.

Mettaton: But it only has a 1% chance of working.

Atlas: Look, would you rather it being a 1% chance and not killing anyone or 100% chance and killing someone.

Mettaton: I'm just sayin'.

Alphys: Are you sure it won't kill anyone? this graph is very high.

Atlas: That's the amount of power it needs not how people will die, the graph left to it is how many people will die.