First lesson | Chapter 19

Toriel: All right class, today you have a new teacher and he's going to teach you magic and science.

Berdly: Finally some science!

Noelle: Who is it?

Toriel: Yes yes, calm down, he should be here now.

*knock knock knock*

Toriel: Ah, that must be him now.

Toriel opens the door and Octavius was standing there, he bends under the door frame so he doesn't bump his head.

Berdly: I-Is that?

Octavius: Yes, i'm Octavius, super famous apparently.

Berdly: *gasp*

Toriel: Calm down Berdly, i'm sure he's happy to meet all of you too.

Octavius: Oh I am! so we have, Berdly, Noelle, Kris, Susie, Catti, Jockington, Monster Kid, Snowy, and Temmie.

Toriel: Oh! you already know their names!

Octavius: Of course! can't be guessing their names. 

Toriel: Well i'll leave you to it.

Octavius: Thank you Toriel!

Toriel leaves the room, allowing Octavius to start teaching.

Octavius: So before we start, something I should clear up. I won't be teaching you guys how to make black holes, or universes, that is way above anyone's power level, and I don't want to have Toriel shouting at me constantly, so we'll just be focusing on good spells. Now, i'm going to give you a pen and paper, you can put what spells you want to learn on it.

Octavius clicks his fingers and the pen and paper appears in front of them, they begin writing what spells they want to learn while Octavius makes a paradox on the white board behind him. Berdly still couldn't believe that Octavius was teaching him, but the others didn't seem to mind.

After 10 minutes they had all done and Octavius collected to the papers, he looked through them quickly, all of them were normal expect for one, he just looked at it, but continued looking through the papers.

Octavius: Alright, they're all normal so they should be fine to do, *cough* um, anyway...

Noelle: Is everything ok?

Octavius: Huh? yes, everything is fine Noelle, thank you for asking. Let's go out to the courtyard, you can practise the defence spell out there.

Everyone goes out to the courtyard to practise the defend spell first, everyone lines up next to each other.

Octavius: Alright, for the defend spell, just think of something that's strong, like a wall, just imagine an unbreakable, but it doesn't have to be a wall, it could be someone you look up to, like your mom or dad protecting you, or a superhero from a movie. All you have to do it think of someone or something protective, then imagine them protecting you from death. Have a go and if you can't then it's fine, we can practise until you get it.

Everything thinks of something protective and all of them get it first try.

Octavius: There we go! good job everyone! now the more you do that the easier and strong the defence will get, just make sure to practise. Alright, now is attack, now this one is different, when you think of attack, it will automatically give you your weapon fit to your SOUL. So when I think of attack I get a staff as I can attack using that, but I hate attacking so I don't use it.

Everyone focuses out attack and they get their weapons that is fit to their SOULs. Octavius keeps an eye on Noelle during this, he watched her spawn her staff in, but she had a ring on her as well, Octavius kept watching her to make sure she didn't do anything bad.