Nightmare | Chapter 13

Paradise universe:

Octavius wakes up in a sweat.

Octavius: Ugh... that dream... no... it can't happen... please... it won't happen... I just... need some air...

Octavius gets up and leaves the castle, he goes into the garden and sits on the bench while thinking about the dream he just had. After sitting there for 10 minutes, he started to hear singing from the top of the castle.

He looked up at the balcony and he saw Ralsei singing his song, he just listened to it, as he's never heard Ralsei sing before, and he found it very peaceful. When Ralsei stopped, a single tear came from his eye, he wiped it off with his hand and looked at it like he's never cried before. He just wiped the tear on his robes and continued to sit in silence with the birds chirps only breaking the silence.

After sitting in the garden for an hour surrounded by the beautiful flowers, he got up and went back into the castle to get his breakfast. Only Ralsei was awake and he was just reading his newspaper. Ralsei looked up from his newspaper and gave Octavius quick smile and wave, lifting it back up, he then quickly lifted it back down and Octavius seemed to have a sad look on his face.

Ralsei: You look sad, what's wrong?

Octavius: Nothing, i'm fine.

Ralsei: No what is it?

Octavius: I just... had a bad dream...

Ralsei: What was it about?

Octavius: Can we talk about it... in the garden?

Ralsei: Sure!

Ralsei puts his newspaper down and they go to the garden, they sit down on the bench together.

Ralsei: So what was it about?

Octavius: I dream, like a normal person, but it happens very rarely. I dream about the future, and so far it's been good things, I dreamt I won the lottery and a day later I did, and I dreamt that I would meet an old friend and I did.

Ralsei: Oh, well those sound like nice dreams.

Octavius: But I just had a horrible one... a nightmare if you will.

Ralsei: What was it?

Octavius: I was knelt down over a children's body... it was Frisk... and surrounding me were all of the other 6 humans. I was just... crying... because I lost all of my children... but i'm scared Ralsei... because something big... something more powerful than me... is coming... and it could end me...

Ralsei:... But you said it was a nightmare, nightmares don't come true, right?

Octavius:... Once... this has happened once before... the night my planet died... I had a nightmare about that... one day before it happened... I tried to warn everyone... but they thought I was just crazy... and locked me away... as saying things like that could get you killed... that's how serious we took it... I just cried in my cell... not even my family came and seen me... I didn't even get to say goodbye... as the very next day... the planet died... and so did everyone... except for me... do you know why?

Ralsei: No.

Octavius: Because I ran away... like a cowered... some people saw me escape the planet and they called me a cowered... for not facing death... but I just watched... everyone dying... one by one... like lights turning off in a city... and I couldn't do anything... as I was still just a teen... before I had my powers...

Ralsei: What did kill everyone and your planet?

Octavius: Loneliness... that's why i'm scared of it... because everyone else was... we were a secluded planet... we trusted no one expect ourselves... so we had no one to call out for when it attacked... I escaped in an escape pod... leaving everyone to die and go to another planet... there I was adopted by my family... that I actually loved... sure I got bullied in school because of my name and where I came from... but one day... someone helped... it was Harold and his other friend... and his friend was Atlas... that's why we're great friends... because they accepted me for who I was... I would follow them... doing their crazy antics... and defend each other against the school bully... the bully insisted everyone call him "Master" but we didn't... as we had no respect for him... but after we finished at college... we all went our own ways... but many years later... we all met again as we were working at the same job... we hung out like we used to... but one day would change all of that...