6

I heard Yuji come into my room. "It's been five days and you haven't gone out. What's up with you?" He asks. "A lot of things," I grumble. I heard him sigh. "(Y/n), you're eighteen. You need to do something in your life. Don't waste it by watching anime and staying inside all day. I can't believe I'm saying this but I rather have you go steal money than waste your life inside here." He said. I don't know why I'm afraid of going out. I can handle those two guys on my own and I'm pretty sure Yuji can too, but...they're part of a gang. Yuji and I couldn't take them all...can we? "Just do something productive. Like, take a shower. You're starting to smell like a dude." He walks out and I heard him leave the apartment. I groan and sat up. "What the hell am I doing?" I ask myself. I turn my head and look at mom's picture. She always told me that I look just like her.

"You have mommy's beautiful eyes. I'm sure that boys at your school will fall in love with you in no time." She jokes. "Eeww, I don't want to date no boys." I giggle. "When you're older you'll change your mind." She laughs.

I put her photo back and went to go take a shower.

----

I got out of the shower and heard the door being knocked on. I kept quiet and just hope that they would leave. Though they kept knocking. I clicked my tongue and wrap my towel tighter around my body. "Just a sec!" I shout. I open the door and my eyes widen. "Oh sorry, didn't know you were in the shower." Braids said with a smile. "Nope!" I slam the door in his face, but he left a crack. "That was rude." He said as he tried to push open. "Well, you're not welcome here! So get the f*** out!" I shout. I felt the other one pushing too. Crap! I can't hold much long- I fell back and they did too. I got up and back away from them. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a knife.

"Stay the hell away from me!" I pointed the knife at them. "Now, now, this is going a little too far. We didn't want to resort to violence like five nights ago." He tried to get closer. "Oi! Back the f*ck up. I won't hesitate to stab you, b!tch!" I then felt a strong grip on my wrist. I drop the knife and grabbed it with my other hand. I twirled the guy around and got out of his grip. I grab his neck and pointed the knife at the other guy. "Take any step closer and I break his neck!" I threatened.

"Is that what your father taught you?" Braids ask. I glare at him. "I don't know how you know about him, but don't talk about him! That a**hole was never my father!" I threw the other guy to Braids. "I'm nothing like him." I put the knife away and pull the towel up more. "Since you two desperately need to talk to me, then let's see if we can have a conversation like...men and women," I said. I closed the front door and went to change.

"First, I want your names," I said as I walked out of my room. "Ran Haitani and this is my younger brother Rindo Haitani." Ran introduces. "I'm surprised you haven't heard of us since we rule over Roppongi," Rindo said. I began to laugh. "You think this is some kind of Kingdom? Once you conquer it then that makes you its ruler? You gangs are too full of yourselves." I felt Rindo glare at me, but I could care less. I sat down in front of them. "I don't give rats a** about gangs. As you can tell, I'm at a higher level than you guys. So there's no need to think about the extras in this world. As long as I get what I want I don't care for others. I care for my brother of course." I said. Rindo looked like he was on his last nerve. While Ran's eye just twitched a bit. "Aww, seems like I've struck a nerve. Did I hurt your ego?" I tease. Rindo comes towards me and gets close to my face. "Watch your tongue." He spat with venom. I looked at him without a hint of fear. "Do you think you scare me? If you want to fight then fight, but you're going to leave limping." I smirk. Ran pulled his brother back and looks at me with a smile. "Let's make a deal. We can give you the money that you need and help you upgrade your living area. That's probably the main reason you're trying to gather and steal money." Ran said. I continue listening. "In exchange, we can be friends, and maybe if you have a change of heart you can work in our gang. We can visit and call you when we need you. How does that sound?" He asks. I could get the money and Yuji and I can get out of this sh*thole. But do I want these two in my life? No.

"Tempting but the answer is no. I can handle this on my own, so I don't need people holding me back. Plus, I don't want to deal with you two." I respond. Ran looked disappointed. "I see. Well, in case you change your mind here's our number. Give us a call." Ran gave me a card with his and Rindo's numbers. "Sure. Don't get your hopes up." I roll my eyes. I got up and walked them out. I locked the door just in case.

I look at the card as I went into my room. "Tch! I don't need their help." I put the card in my junk drawer and took a nap. Everything is going to be fine.