9

"You made it!" Ran smiles. "Shush it." I snap. He chuckles and I sit across from him. "I hope you don't mind the private booth. I'm pretty sure you would like some privacy." He said. "I don't care." I pick up the menu. "What do you expect to get out of this? I don't remember in the deal that I have to go on a date with you." I add. "Well, if you want to get what you want, I expect what I want in return. We are your only source of getting what you need." He said. I felt his foot rub against my leg. I glare at him but relax my face. I've played this game many times. In the end...I always get what I want. I sigh and rest my head on my hand. "I see that you and your brother grew accustomed to the fact that you two are my source of hope. You must feel like that you've to corner me to the spot that the only way to get out was to make me follow you." His foot stopped and retracted back. "We don't mean to make you feel like that. You mis-" I watch him flinch as my foot was near his thigh. "I don't misunderstand anything. I told you to chase me and yet..." I got closer to his sensitive area. He grunted a bit. "I'm still running free," I smirk. I put my foot down as the waitress came to take our orders.

Once they left, I gave a bored expression. "I don't understand why you care so much and why you keep chasing. We barely know each other and yet here we are doing a 'date'." I put air quotes on date. "Well, it's because you're not like the rest." He said. I roll my eyes. "How original. I call bullsh*t." I said. He chuckles a bit. "But you are. You're an excellent fighter. You're beautiful. You have a strong sense of independence. A sharp tongue. You're eyes also mesmerize me." He lists. My...eyes?

I stare at him for a moment before looking away. "Tch! Whatever." I reply. "The reason we are having a 'date', is because I want to know you better. If we're working together then I might as well know who I'm working with. Especially their real name." He says as he gets closer to me. I guess I never really gave him my name. Should I? Or should I not? F*ck it. Or... "I  think I'll keep that as a secret. After all, you're still chasing after me. If you can catch me maybe I'll tell you my name." I said. I move my hand near his cheek and got close to his neck.

- Ran POV -

My eyes widen as she moved closer to me. I shivered as I felt her hot breath against my neck. I felt stuck in place for some reason. I felt her hand touch my face. I felt so lost in her touch. So soft and warm. The way her delicate fingers trace along my cheek. I jump as I felt something cold against my neck. I let out a low grunt. "I haven't even done anything and yet you're already putty in my hands." I open my eyes and look at her as she moves away. I then saw the ice cube in her hand melt away. I touch my neck to feel the water that was left behind. "Did you think I would make a move on you?" I heard her laugh. "Please, you have to do more than just one date to get me with you. As if I want to be with you, that is." I was going to say something, but our food arrived. I should punish her for doing such a thing to make me look like a fool. But... I look at her as she ate her food. I could tell from her eyes that she was enjoying everything. She saved parts of her meals to give to her brother. I smile and ate my food. I'll just wait next time when we have our moment alone.

"We should do this again. Even if we did start rocky. I hope that we can be more peaceful with each other and get to know one another." I said to her. I meant every word. She looks at me uncertainly but lets out a sigh. "Sure, sure, just don't get your hopes up." She said as she rubbed the back of her head. "It worked the first time. Hopefully, the second time will work too." She glares at me for a bit before walking away. "Whatever. Thanks for the food...I guess." I look at my motorcycle and thought about taking her home. "Hey, need a-" I stop as she suddenly disappeared. "I am chasing a ghost." I chuckle and went back home.

- Rindo POV-

There's nothing about her! It's like she doesn't even exist. No real name, no birth certificate, no nothing about this woman! I stare at her brothers' picture. She and her brother did look alike so why is there nothing about her? Her mother and her father's information was here along with her six other brothers. So why was she the only one left out?

"Rindo! I'm home!" I heard Ran call out. I shut the file and put it somewhere on my desk. I walk out of my room and found Ran. "How did it go with the devil?" I ask. "Don't be so harsh on her. She may act like one because she's a bit hostile. I'm sure we'll be able to see her softer side soon." I cross my arms and roll my eyes. "Yeah, right." I push my glasses up a bit. "Did you at least get her name?" I ask. He shook his head. "Until I catch her, she won't tell is what she said." He replies. I click my tongue. He undid his braids and rubs his head. "Though, she did make a fool of me and acted like the devil." He said. I furrow my brows at him. "How so?" I ask. I saw a hint of bashfulness on his face. You've got to be kidding me...