14

Just one more button. . .I press the last number and the safe opened. I smile and put the money in my bag. This is getting too easy. "Just who the hell do you think you are?" I froze as I heard a gun click. "Slowly turn around," they instructed. I did as told and faced them. The room was dark so I could barely see their facial features. Rindo didn't bother to put pictures of the people I was stealing anymore since there was no point. "Put the bag down and slowly walk over to me." Again, I did as told. "So you're the one that's been going around and stealing people's money. I already called the cops, so it's game over for you." He said. Sh*t! I know I have to get out of here and fast. I quickly grab his wrist and made him drop the gun. We both fell to the ground and we began to wrestle each other. We bumped into a cabinet and a vase shattered on the ground. I wince in pain as he stabs my leg with a large shard of broken glass. I punch him off of me, but he attacks me again.

This guy was experienced in fighting, however, his fighting skills seemed. . .familiar. I felt him harshly punch my face and my mask fell off. I growl and kick him off. I mentally scream as my leg was in pain. I went to grab my mask and bag, but he drags me down. He looks down at me for a moment. In the light, I could see his eyes. He looked. . .puzzled, as if he was trying to figure out who I was. I took this chance to grab the gun on the ground. This broke him out of his trance and went to grab his gun back. "H-Hold on a sec!" He struggles to take the gun away. I didn't listen and all of a sudden I heard the gunfire. We both froze at the noise. He then spat out blood and it landed on my face. He falls back and chokes on his blood. My eyes widen in fear as he began to die. I felt paralyzed in my situation. I. . .I shot him! He's dying! What am I supposed to do?! I wasn't supposed to kill anyone in these situations! I then saw the flashing red and blue light outside of the window. I grab my mask and my bag. I grab the gun as well. I look down at him as he manages to grab my ankle. "M-Mom?" I looked at him confused. His grip then loosens and I ran away. At least tried to. I tried not to leave any blood behind as I ran away from the scene.

Once I was far away, I vomited on the ground. I huffed and tried to catch my breath. Tears flooded my eyes. I look down at my hands to see blood. His blood and my blood mixed. I didn't mean to kill him! I didn't want to kill him! What am I supposed to do?! What if they find my blood?! What if they find me and accuse me of murder?! What if he was still alive and can identify who I am?! What am I going to tell Yuji?! I DON'T WANT TO BE ABANDONED!!

I hear a police car coming up. I got up and limped away. I had so many scenarios in my head that I didn't notice where my feet took me.

- Rindo POV -

"Rindo, can you get the door!?" Ran shouts. I groan and got up. Who in the right mind has the nerve to come here at this time?! I open the door, but before I can say anything my eyes meet (Y/n)'s. She looked scared and shaken up by something. It wasn't until I saw her hands covered in blood. "(Y/n)?!" Ran came from behind and walk her inside. I noticed that she was bleeding from her leg. Ran sat her down and pulled another chair to support her injured leg. Ran then left to get the first-aid kit. "(Y/n), what happened?" I ask. She looks up at me and I can see the look of fear and guilt in her eyes. "I-I d-didn't m-m-mean t-to k-k-kill h-h-him. . ." She stutters out. My eyes widen at what she said. Well, sh*t. . .

She seemed genuinely terrified at the fact that she killed someone. Accidentally, I should say. Ran cut the pant leg where she was injured. The cut was big and I saw part of the glass that was in her. "This is going to hurt." He told her. He tried to grab it out, but she cried out in pain. "S-STOP! STOP!" She cries out in pain. She began to tremble and shake uncontrollably. I can't believe I'm going to do this.

I wrap my arms around her and grab her hands. I rested her head on my chest. "Close your eyes and relax," I told her. She closed her eyes, but her breathing was still unsteady. "Oi, control your breathing. Breath in and out." I told her. She did as told and each exhale became shakey. Soon, she calmed down a bit. I look at Ran and nodded. He nods back and carefully takes out the glass shard. She whimpers and holds my hand tighter. Damn, she has a tight grip! I hiss as I saw how big the glass shard was and how much blood was pouring out of her leg. Ran quickly stitches her up and wraps the white bandage around her leg.

"Hey," I call to her. She looks up at me. "You're going to be fine," I said. She stayed quiet, but I can tell she was taking my word for it. Ran grabs a pair of clothes that could fit her and I carry her to the bathroom. "Clean up and call us when you're done," I told her. She nods and began to wash her hands. While she was away, Ran and I look into her bag. The money, her mask, her phone, apartment keys, and a gun were in there. Ran took out the gun with a napkin. "Her mask was in here, so that could mean the guy might've knocked it off of her," I said. He hums. "She probably grabbed the gun to try to get him away from her, but he was probably trying to take the gun back. Resulting in her to accidentally pull the trigger and shot him." He adds. He then looks back at the bathroom. "I'll go check on her." He said. I nod and take the gun from him. I sigh heavily and look at her bag. I then noticed the keychain I gave her two days ago. I can't believe she put it in her bag. I felt my face heat up a bit but tried to shake it off. I turn my head as Ran came back with her in his arms. "Let's settle down for a moment and eat something." Ran said.