22

"What do I get in return?" I ask. "I'll take the blame for it. Please just stop them. This isn't Izana." Kakucho says. "Alright. Though I do want to ask you a favor." I said.

-----

I look from the corner and saw Hanma and Kisaki. I started running to where the girl was at. I pull down my mask and run up to her as she got into view. "Look out!" I pushed her out of the way and I got hit. Ouch! I turn my head and saw the two stop. "Who the hell are you?!" Kisaki shouts. I pulled out a throwing knife and threw it inches away from his face. "They're not a friend!" The driver shouts and they sped off.

I stood up and saw a guy with the blonde hair running towards us. "Emma! Emma-chan are you okay?!" He asks. He helps her up. "Yeah. I'm fine." She looks at me. "Are you alright? You took the hit for me." She says. I rub the back of my head. "I'm hard-headed so it's fine. Just get out of here and get somewhere safe. I'm not sure if those two tend to find you and finish the job." I told her. I started to walk away from the two. "Thank you! Thank you, sir!" She shouts. I turn my head a bit and nod. I got on the bike Kakucho let me have. "I've done my part. Now it's your turn Kakucho." I mutter to myself.

-----

I open the box and look inside of it. I noticed a small white card with the syringe.

Only use it when you want to start a new life. A new chapter. If you do end up using it, know that you have at least 40 minutes until you 'die'. Give me a call also so that I can be prepared and get your body.

"I guess this is it." I grab the syringe and place the needle in my arm. After giving him a call, I went out to the location where the fight was at.

- Ran POV -

"Have you seen her today?" Rindo asks me. "No, I tried calling her but I was sent to voice-mail. I hope she makes it." I reply. He nods and we both look forward as the fight begins.

Though in the middle of it, we all stopped as we heard a motorcycle come in. Our eyes widen as they flew over us. Some of our members moved out of the way as it landed. "Sorry, did I crash the party?" Rindo and I smile seeing it was Ghost. She got off her bike and looks at the two of us. "Yeesh, what happened to you two?" She asks. "We got our a**es beat." I scratch my cheek and looked away shamefully. "Should've known. Glad I'm not the only one to beat you two up." She teases. "Can you save the teasing for later?" Rindo sighs. "Sure, sure." She waves him off.

"You!" We heard Kisaki shout. "Hmm?" Ghost turned around to face him. "You were in the way of my plans! You prevent the death of Emma Sano!" Kisaki shouts at her. "Got the wrong guy. I think you need your glasses fixed, four eyes." She replies. Kisaki then pulled a gun on her. She wasn't fazed by it. "Kisaki! Put the gun down!" Rindo shouts at him. "Shut up before I kill you t-" Ghost grabs the gun and flips it around. She points the gun at his head. "One more word out of you and I won't hesitate to blow your God damn brains out." She threatens him. Damn. She's so hot when she threatens other people. "Let's not forget that we are a team, my knight. Though things did not go according to plan earlier. Did you get in the way of it?" Izana asks her.

We all looked at her as she stood there silent. "You wouldn't turn your back on us, right Ghost?" Rindo asks her. "You didn't know her, so it wouldn't matter if she died," I said. "Wouldn't matter?" She looks down at me and I could feel her cold glare staring down at me. "You of all people should know that I already have enough blood on my hands! Innocent people, I've killed! Anywhere I go, someone always dies!" She shouts. She points the gun at Izana. "You've lost your mind if you think I was going to let that innocent girl die! She's your sister! If you don't like that then here!" She shoves the gun in his hands. "Kill me! Shoot me dead! I've done enough damage to this world as it is! I killed my mother, my best friend, my brother! Nobody wanted me here in the first place! Not my father or my seven brothers! You at least had people who wanted you in a family!" She grabs his collar. "You were lucky enough to have someone who wants you alive! Lucky to have a chance to have a happy family! Something I have longed for my entire life!" She fell on her knees and pulled the muzzle of the gun at her head. "Kill me. End my life."

"We want you alive!" I shout. "What the hell do you take us for?!" Rindo shouts next. I didn't understand why all of a sudden she wants to die. She has us. "Are we not good enough to keep you alive?!" I shout at her. She turns her head at us. She gave us a sad smile. "It's nice to know you two care." We looked at Izana who had a hard expression. "I want you alive as well." He finally said. He threw the gun away. "You're broken just like me. Lost in this world of hurt. That's why I took a liking to you so easily because you knew what it was like to be lonely and not loved." He helped her up. "You wear a mask to hide the pain inside. Even if you are loved by Ran and Rindo, you still hide. Even if you do confess how you feel, you still hide. Pain, guilt, sorrow, loneliness, you hide all of it. Why hide all it from others?" He asks her. She took off her mask and tears were in her eyes. "Because that's what a soldier does. There is no need to stop for my pain and suffering because that's how someone ends up being weak. I was trained to tell to get over it. There was nothing I could do to change the outcome. That I just can't make the same mistake again. But. . .I still do. Someone still ends up dying because of me." I gave Ghost a sorrowful look and both Rindo and I started to walk towards her. "Ghost-"

*BANG*