15

- Nightmare-

"Fight back!" My eyes widen in fear as I struggled to get out of his grip. I tried to break free from his grip. "C'mon, (Y/n)!" He said. I began to tear up as I couldn't find a way. "Get off of me!" I cry out and grabbed something close to me. Without hesitating, I hit him in the head with what I had in my hand. Though it was too late to react as I hit him with the metal pole. He got off of me and held his hand against his head. "(Y-Y/n)?" He fell back and blood spilled from his head. I felt paralyzed. All I could do was scream out his name.

- End of Nightmare-

"JASON!" I sat up and yelled. I held my hands against my face and began to panic. "I didn't mean to kill him. I didn't mean to kill him. I didn't mean to kill him. I didn't mean to kill him! I DIDN'T MEAN TO KILL HIM!" I felt someone grip my shoulders. "(Y/n)! Calm down!" My eyes met with Ran's. "R-Ran?" I look around and saw I wasn't home. That's right. . .I slept here for the after. . ."Let's eat breakfast. You still seem scared after what happened yesterday." He carried me up and my heart quickened a bit. He sat me down next to Rindo and served me a plate of food. I thanked him and we quietly ate. That was until Rindo opened his big mouth. "I didn't think you were the type to be freaked out by blood or dealing with an immense amount of pain." He said. "I'm not," I said. "Cause last night told a different story." I slam my fist on the table. "Why do you have to be such a Jacka**?!" I shout at him. To think he was caring! We both glare at each other. "That's enough, both of you. She has some sort of trauma following behind her. Correct?" Ran looks at me. I turn my head away. There's no point in hiding it. I already screamed his name out in front of them. "You are correct. . ." I said lowly. "If you want to tell us then that's your decision. We won't force you." Ran said softly. I can tell from the tone of his voice that he meant it. He sounded sincere and caring. I shook my head. "There's no point. I'll get over it and won't make the same mistake again." I said.

"Get over it. He's gone and there's nothing you can do to bring him back. Next time, don't make the same mistake again." Dad said as he looked down at me. I reply with a yes sir and he walked out of my room. "As punishment for your mistake, it will be solitary confinement for three weeks. Be generous that Yuji shortens it." He said before closing the door. The loud lock can be heard from the other side.

"(Y/n)." I jump out of my thoughts and lookup. "Do you need a ride home?" Ran asks. I nod and went to go get my stuff. Rindo was able to find a crutch for me to use. "We'll take care of your bloody clothes and the gun. No one will know that you did it." Rindo said. I nod and pick up my bag. On the ride home, I thought about how I was going to explain to Yuji about my absence last night.

----

"Give me a call when you need something. Have a little break until your leg heals." Ran said. I nod and went to the apartment. I went to unlock the door, but it opened. I came to face with a worried Yuji. "Where the hell have you been?! I've been calling you and texting you! Why didn't you reply?! Where were you?! What the hell happened to your leg?!" He bombarded me with questions. "Isn't hell a bad word?" I ask to lighten up the mood. He didn't look, please. "Explain." He said. I roll my eyes and walk inside. "I was with Ran and Rindo. I went out to get fresh air, but when I landed on the next building. Some jerk left broken glass on the ground. I got injured and went to their place since I know how freaked out you're going to be." I lied. It was the best lie I can come up with. He stares at me to see if I was lying. I did feel pressure from the intense stare, but I didn't budge. He sighs heavily and closes the door. "Next time, please be careful and tell me where you're at. I almost called the police to search for you." He said. I got a little shook up but relieved that he didn't do it.

I looked around seeing Don wasn't around. "Where's Don?" I ask. "He's on a date." Yuji tried not to sound disappointed. "Oh? Girl or guy?" I ask. "Girl. She asked him out and you know how he is." Yuji said. I hum and nod. Don was always the nice guy that wouldn't say no to certain people. He's a good guy, but we both tell him to get better at saying no. Especially in this sort of situation. "You jealous?" I tease. "Shut up." I snicker a bit.

He turned on the TV and I froze when it showed the guy who I accidentally killed. I felt relieved that they had nothing of me. I look over at Yuji and he looked. . .scared? In distress? Worried? The look on his face was hard to read. "You okay, Yuji?" I ask him. He looks at me and the look on his face changed. "Yeah, just go ahead and rest up." He told me. I nod and went to my room. It's weird how he reacted. It's not like he knows that guy. Come to think of it, he had the same hard-to-read expression on his face with the other guys I robbed.

I close the door behind me and stash the money with the rest. I kept it in my box that I knew that Yuji will never look into. I stop as I look inside at what was left of my happy moments in my childhood. The one that I kept burying in the back of my head.

I carefully pick up the worn-out yarn bracelet that had his name on it. My wrist was too big for it now if I tried to put it on.

"Here, so we will always be together. I have your name and you have mine." He said. I smile widely at how pretty it looked. I then felt him kiss my cheek. "I love you, (Y/n)." He says.

I wipe away my tears and put them away. "Why did you love me?" I ask no one.