10

I watch the news as they reported about the guy who I stole from. I flinched as somehow one of the cameras spotted me. Luckily, it was dark and no one could see the details. I looked more like a blurry blob in the photo. I took another bite of my cereal. "Geez, so many crimes are happening," Don said. I hum and we both heard the doorbell ring. "I got it," Yuji said as he went to open the door. "Can I help you?" Yuji asks. "Yes, we're looking for Ghost." I spat out my cereal and my eyes widened. "(Y-!" I threw a pillow at Yuji's face to stop him from saying my name. "Morning, Ghost! Nice place you're living in." Ran said. I got up and look at the two. "What happened to give a call before strolling around to find me?" I hiss through my teeth. "We did. You just didn't answer." Rindo said. I could already tell that he didn't want to be here. "What do you want?" I ask. "Let's go out and have fun." Ran smiles. "I don't trust that look on your face," I reply. "C'mon, we agreed to know each other more," he says. I roll my eyes and told them to wait outside. I shut the door on their faces and turn around. "Who are they?" Yuji asks. "Acquaintances," I reply and went to go change. 

"Be safe!" Yuji calls out as I began to leave. "Can't make promises!" I shout back before closing the door. I slide down on the gutter pipe and walk up to the two. "What do you intend on having fun?" I ask. "That's a surprise." Ran smirks and grabs my arm. I pulled my arm away from him and glared at him. "We're not that close," I said as I move to the other side of Rindo. Ran pouts but I ignore him. 

---

"I regret coming out," I grumble. "What's so bad about going to a carnival?" Ran asks as he drags me and Rindo into the place. I look around as kids run around and parents have fun with them. Couples holding each other close while smiling to themselves. I don't belong here... "Hey, let's play this game." I look at Ran and then the game. "Bet you can't beat me." Ran grins. I raise a brow. "Try me." we both put a ticket down and grab the bb gun. The buzzer went off and we began to play. I was getting the targets and beating Ran. "She's kicking your a**," Rindo said. "Don't you think I know that?" Ran replies. The game ended and I won the big prize. I tease Ran as he got a small prize. "That's fine. I'll beat you in the next game." He retorts. "I like to see you try." I mock.

We played numerous games at the carnival. So far, the three of us were tied. I then began to feel tired...maybe from carrying all the things, I won. Or from the lack of fun the games brought. "I'm bored," I said. "You read my mind." Ran replies. Rindo grunted in response. We look around to see what we can do. "I think I found something," Rindo says. Ran and I look at each other before following Rindo. We look down at the hook that kept part of the giant tent up. "Shall we?" Rindo asks with a grin. Ran was already on board with the horrible idea. The two look at me. I did say I was bored. I shrug. "Why not." We put our prizes down and took a spot where the hook was planted at. "One...two...three!" We kicked the hooks and saw a half of the giant tent go down. Screams of women, men, and children filled the air. We began to laugh at the scene as people tried to get out.

"HEY! YOU THREE!" We turn our heads to see a few security guards. "Uh-oh, popos are here!" Ran laughs. The three of us began to run away. We push past people and threw a few things down to slow the cops down. Rindo bumped into a guy holding balloons which made the guy let go of them. I look up and smile as the colorful balloon flew over me.

We stopped at a dead end. I could climb up with ease, but I know these two can't without any kind of help. I crouch down and place my hands together for them to lift off from. "Oi! C'mon!" Ran came up first and I lifted him to the top. Rindo goes next, but as he made it the cops catch up to us. "Stop right there!" He started to run towards me. "Hey!" I look up and saw Rindo holding out his hand. Ran was carrying him down a bit. I jump up and grab his hand. I scrambled my way up on the roof. The cop just barely caught me as I struggled.

I felt something hard against my head. I look up to see I was on top of Rindo. He looks up and our eyes met. I quickly turn my gaze away and got up. "Thanks for the lift," I said. "Don't mention it." He replies. We got on our feet and peek down at the scene. We saw one balloon floating up and Ran caught it. "For you." He smiles as he hands it to me. "Charming." I snicker a bit as I took it.

We climb on a few buildings to make sure none of the cops that were there saw us. We talked a bit about what happened and laughed. I began to think that today wasn't so bad as I thought it would be. I look at the two as they laughed about something. I then caught myself smiling. I turn my head and shook my head mentally. What am I thinking? I'm not supposed to like them. I look at my balloon. Then again...when was the last time did I have friends to hang out with?

We arrived back at my place. Ran smiled at me as he looks at me. "Hopefully next time we can have more fun. Maybe a bit more dangerous fun?" He smirks. "As long as you can keep up." I return the look. He chuckles and leaves me and Rindo me alone. I watch as he took out a file. "Here are your next targets. The first one should be easy." He said as he handed the files to me. I nod and shove them in my bag. "And here..." I look at his hands to see a resin good luck charm keychain. "You're going to need it for all of them." He said. I took it from his hands. "To think you didn't like me." I tease. "I still don't. You were probably going to complain like a b*tch if I didn't give you nothing and Ran did." He said. My eye twitched as I try to hold back from punching him. "You shut your face hole," I reply. He rolls his eyes and turns away. "Whatever, bye I guess." He says. "Bye. Thanks for the gift, Rindo." I said and went to the apartment.

I look inside to see Don and Yuji already asleep in their room. I quietly giggle as I saw the two. When are those two going to get together? I sigh as I got on my small bed. I tie the balloon to the bed frame and put the charm on the nightstand. I lay down and look up at the ceiling. Maybe Ran and Rindo aren't so bad. Sure they tick me off, but they keep me entertained enough to tolerate them. I turn to my side and stare at the wall. But I can't have them too close...not enough to make me fall for them. It's not like I would anyway but... I grumble and shut my eyes. I then fell asleep.