Hopeful (J-Hope)

"Noeil! Come on! Its my first two days off in months!" A energetic Hoseok pulled me out from the car.

"Okay! Okay! I'm coming Hobi! Slow down! It's only 8:50!"

Jung Hoseok, or J-Hope, works at a big music company. He's been really busy working on promotions with the other members of his group, and this cycle lasted a bit longer than the others due to their ever rising popularity. Today and tomorrow would be his first two days off since the promotions started, and as it was Spring, - his favorite time of year - he wanted to go to the beach.

Of course I couldn't say no, Hobi loves the beach, and I haven't been in a long time either.

So, we went to Sokcho beach (A/N: Sokcho Beach, according to an article from a foreigners persepctive, is one of the best beaches in Korea. Dude came from Florida, so s/he would have high standards I guess. Haven't been to a beach in Florida in forever so I wouldn't actually know.)

No one was here yet, it was really early. We wanted to get a spot before it was crowded though.

After changing into our bathing suits and laying out all our stuff, we ran to the water.

"Ah! It's cold!" I leaped onto Hobi's back, who was farther into the water than I was. He yelled in surpise and we both fell into the water.

COLD COLD COLD COLD! I sat up shivering. The water was shallow since we weren't very deep in. 

Hobi sat up and headlocked me, ruffling my hair. "Yah! What was that for!"

"To get us used to it faster?" I smiled up at him. When faced with cold water, it's best to just dive right in and let your body get accustomed.

He let go and splashed me. "A warning would have been nice!"

"I didn't think about that...oops?" I rubbed the back of my head after shaking the water off.

He walked deeper into the water, then pushed off the ground and swam.

I stayed in my place.

"Don't tell me, you still don't know how to swim?"

"I-I just never needed the information! It's not like I live in Busan you know!" (A/N: Busan is SoKo's "Beach City", but this beach is not there. This one is in...Gangbyeon? If I read it right, it's in Gangbyeon or at least close to it?) "Besides, it's been a whole year since we've last been here!" 

He held a hand out to me, "Come on, I'll teach you."

I reluctantly took his hand and he pulled me toward him, I put a hand on his shoulder to keep myself from sinking.

"First, lay on your back." He shoved me backwards, and when I freaked out he smiled "Don't worry! I'll keep you from sinking!~"

I reluctantly leaned backwards, and he kept his hands on my back so I wouldn't fall.

"Okay, now spread your arms out. ...Yes, perfect just like that!" He held me like this for a moment, until he said quietly. "I'm going to let go now...okay?"

"You're going to what?"

He held up his hands. "Let go!"

I squealed and lost my balance, I flailed a little before his hands were on my back again, keeping me from falling. 

"...we should probably try this on shallower waters..." he started to take me back to higher ground.

I held his neck and shook him when my feet got a hold of the sand. "What do you mean shallower waters? You mean I could have sunk and died?!"

He laughed as I shook him "Well, no. I would've saved you before anything could've happened! Honest! Cross my heart!"

I let him go and huffed. "Why do I have a hard time believing you, huh?"

He hugged me "Aw, you're not mad at me are you?" he laughed more "I'm sorry, Noeil~"

"Yeah, yeah apology accepted" I rolled my eyes but smiled back.

He proceeded to teach me how to swim again, and this time I tried not to freak out.

"Okay, try to move your arms back and forth. Like this." he swung his arms up and down like a bird.

I did what he said, and slowly I started to move. Hobi swam after me and offered praises as I swam. He then taught me to swim like he does, and afterwards we played in the water, splashing each other.

When he splashed me with a large amount of water, I moved the hair from my face and smiled "You're gonna pay for that!"

He laughed and dove into the water, and when I found him I lightly kicked his shoulder.

He emerged "Eh? How did you find me? The water is dark here!"

"You were the only one with bright green swimming trunks."

"Next time I'll take them off then." (A/N: That sounds like something Jiminie Cricket would say instead of Hobi...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was getting late, so we decided to head to the small beach house we rented so we didn't have to go back home.

It was cozy, there were two rooms (We had to share the bathroom), a living room, a kitchen, and a balcony over the water with a fire pit.

We changed out of our bathing suits. Me into a plain blue dress, him in shorts, a tee, and a bucket hat. Where did he even get that? I swear that boy has the biggest collection of hats I've ever seen. Fully dressed, we decided to walk around. Enjoy the sights, you know?

The place was still lively, even though the sun was setting. Many people were leaving though, tired from all the playing in the ocean.

Hobi and I decided to walk along the beach some more, it looked gorgeous in the sunset. So, we walked, then sat in the sand and shared a drink, laughing loudly at each others goofy faces and cheesy jokes and watching the sun set.

Suddenly, Hobi stopped laughing. "Noeil?"

I looked at him, his cheeks were flushed; But we did share Soju, so that had to have been why. "Hm?"

Suddenly, he kissed me. My eyes widened but I didn't move away. Noeil, why aren't you moving away? When we broke, he almost whispered to me "Thanks for hanging out with me today."

Was that was this was about? "I'd always hang out with you."

He hugged me tightly. "saranghae"

"Nado, saranghae." We say 'I love you' all the time. So, I wasn't phased by it.

He looked at me, then kissed me again, this time harder like he really meant it. "No, seriously. Saranghae" He then said quietly so I could barely hear as he buried his head into my neck. "Jagiya..."

(A/N: HopEil? HopEil. I didn't expect it to turn out this way. Is it okay? I mean...I'm not very good at endings yet. But since this is over 1,180 words, I had to find a way to end it.

Sorry it's not great. I'll try to make another HopEil to make it up to you.)