The God Complex (TaeKook) - Trapped

Dedicated to @mariapquiros for helping me with the ideas for this. Couldn't have done it without you.

Jungkook awoke on a cold tiled floor. His head was fuzzy, and he could hardly remember anything but his name and age. Looking around, it seemed to be a castle. A tower? How did he get here? Any time he tried to remember something, his head hurt and the only images he could remember were blurry faces. No names or voices, no anything.

"Wowza, you look like you've gotten a rough start." A girl stood at Jungkooks head. He sat up and saw her smiling widely at him. She wore a top hat and a bright blue bowtie with a striped vest and a black blazer with a pair of slacks. Her oxford shoes were black and white with a bow the same color of the one on her neck clipped onto them. Her green eyes shone behind her circle glasses and she reached out a gloved hand to help him up.

"Who-Who are you?" Jungkook looked at the hand with caution, slightly leaning away from it.

"Silly kid, it's just a hand. It won't bite." the girl laughed and grabbed Jungkooks arm to haul him up to his feet. "I'm the Dream Weaver. You're Korean, so to you my name would be Jung Hyemin."

"Dream...weaver?"

"Ah, you must have just gotten here. Allow me to explain. My job as the Dream Weaver is to borrow your memories to create the perfect test for you." Hyemin smiled and bowed in a western style before continuing "You, young sir, are trapped. This whole tower is the game of a mighty minotaur."

"Minotaur?!"

"Yes sir, this minotaur has a bit of a god complex. Of course, you can escape this tower and we'll send you back to your home in Seoul." Where was Seoul? Jungkook tried to remember, but couldn't come up with anything. All he could do was go along with this information.

"How do I get out of here?" Jungkook didn't know whether to believe the strange girl or run, but something rooted him into place. Right now, he couldn't move even if he wanted to.

"Everyone here has a set of doors. Find your door, and the game will begin. You must distinguish the true memories from the lies. Only then can you escape." Hyemin informed. "

"What if I pick the wrong door?"

Her expression darkened. "Follow me." She led him to a room marked M0918. Screaming could be heard inside, and Jungkook was terrified. "What's happening?"

"Maria was a pawn we picked up from Costa Rica. She picked the wrong door just recently. It's a shame, she was almost at the end." Hyemin sighed.

"Praise him! Praise him!" Maria screamed so loudly it could be heard very clearly.

Jungkook couldn't understand her, as she spoke in a language the other didn't understand, and Hyemin clarified. "She's saying 'Praise him'"

"Praise who??"

"The minotaur. Before he consumes his victims, he likes to play with their minds. Once you find the wrong door, he starts his game. I told you he had a god complex, it's only natural he'd make them worship him."

"I want to go home..." Jungkook struggled to keep his voice from breaking. None of this made sense, and if it did, he didn't want to believe it. He wanted to go home, but he couldn't even remember what home was. He just knew it wasn't here. It couldn't be here

"Everything will be made clearer to you as you progress." Hyemin gestured to something behind Jungkook, and when the boy turned, he saw that it was his room. J0901. He turned around to look at Hyemin, but she had dissapeared and the door behind Jungkook opened.

Well, it seemed like he didn't have a choice. He took a deep breath, and went through the door.

Author's Note

My friend suggested to me "Why don't you make a one shot series based off the Bangtan Bomb where Jungkook got lost in the abandoned factory?"

It went from a casual hide and seek to "what if he found a portal while he was there and got transferred?" to "What if, when everyone was looking for him, Jungkook was actually taken away and made to play a weird game?"

This series will have about 8 chapters.

the intro, one chapter for each of the six rooms, and the finale.

Here goes nothing!

P.S: Did I ever tell anyone that I make cameos in my stories as 'Jung Hyemin'? Well, now you know~