I Need U Series - JIMIN

Jimin sat in his bathtub, still clothed. He held up a piece of paper, a letter.

The words were scrawled in neat handwriting.

Jimin,

I'm leaving. Don't you dare come looking for me. You won't like the result.

Have a nice life.

"Have a nice life." Jimin cringed when he first read those words. He could sense the malice behind them. Now, he could only manage to look at the letter with tired eyes. Sleep eludes him, it toys with him. He hasn't had a good night's rest in days, weeks since she left.

Why did she leave so suddenly? Why did she only say good-bye in a letter?

Her whole family left too, so Jimin has no where to look. Why was she so angry now, when the day before they laughed together?
What did he do wrong?

He felt empty without her, he loved her. He...He thought he loved her. Jimin loved the girl that ran away, and he wanted to see her again...even if the response he got hurt him.

His judgement was clouded
("I can't live without her...")
and he grabbed a lighter laying on an indent in the wall and lit the letter on fire. It curled, pieces of it falling into the freezing cold water of the bathtub.

Jimin dropped the paper on the ceramic floor, then shifted his weight to stare straight at the faucet.

The pain was too much for him to bear
"I don't want to feel like this anymore..."

Sighing and closing his eyes, he slid down the side of the bathtub - covering himself in the water.

It'll be better for me like this, right?
Everything will be so much easier
I won't have to feel anything anymore.
Ever again.