The God Complex (TaeKook) - Room 3

Jungkook looked at the false Taehyung, his smug smile fading. "Right...four more rooms."

Taehyung smiled "How did Kim Taehyung ask you out?" The question made Jungkook blush, and he stared at the false Taehyung long after the boy dissapeared.

Like clockwork, the left door shone brightly and Jungkook walked towards it as it dimmed down. He looked through the window to see the inside of a home, and Jungkook seemed to be in the middle of walking to his front door. The boy was in his pajamas and a large white t-shirt and it seemed as if he just got out of bed.

The memory began moving, and Jungkook continued his walk to the door.

Knock, Knock, Knock

"Jungkookie!"

Knock, Knock, Knock

"Jungkookie!"

Knock, Knock, Knock.

Jungkook then opened the door. "Jungkookie?" he said, smiling.

"Yah, you messed up my system!"

Jungkook laughed "What's up, hyung? Do you want to come inside?"

"I- Well, I-"  That's when Jungkook noticed Taehyung was hiding a hand behind his back.

"Hyung, what are you hiding?"

"I- uh well you see." Taehyung moved his hand from behind his back, and showed the large bouquet of flowers. "I saw these flowers and then I thought of you. Cause you're pretty and you smell good too."

"Hyung, oh my god that's so cheesy. What are you doing?"

"Well, Jungkookie, since you're pretty and you smell good like these flowers, and since Kookies are a vital part of my diet." Taehyung winked. "Do you want to go out with me?"

"Wha- huh?" Jungkook felt lost. Here he was in his spiderman pajamas without any plans in the world and Taehyung just decided to ask him out?

"Date me, paboya" Taehyung said earnestly. He smiled, but Jungkook could tell he was nervous.

"...Alright, let's go on a date."

The scene faded to black and Jungkook stepped away from the door. He didn't know how he felt about this memory. He liked Taehyung, but he didn't know if he wanted to go on a date with him yet. That wasn't the question though. The question was "How did Taehyung ask you out?"

So, he went and looked through the right door. In this memory there was Taehyung of a crowd, typical. There had to be some truth to this kind of memory, maybe he was someone popular in reality? Taehyung looked uncomfortable, as if the situation was one he would rather not be in. There was also someone else in the middle of the crowd, but Jungkook didn't recognize this boy at all. Not even from the faded memories that made his head hurt. The people around the two had different degrees of interest. From boredom to excitement to anger. Jungkook found himself standing in the front of the crowd, his face putting him in the 'bored' division.

"Hyung! Hyung I love you! Date me hyung!" Taehyung was taken aback as a random student suddenly asked him out.

"uh- what?"

"Tae Tae hyung, I'll treat you kindly and I'll buy you things and I've only ever loved you! So date me!"

"Uh...listen kid. I already have a boyfriend." Taehyung said, this student was getting irritating.

"Oh? Who? Show me!" Shit. Taehyung was screwed. Quickly scanning the crowd of students that had gathered to watch the scene, he found his favorite victim watching boredly.

"There he is!" Taehyung pointed at Jungkook, which made the younger's eyes widen. Surely Taehyung didn't mean him. Probably someone behind him?

"Jungkookie! Come here."

Jungkook hesitated, but after seeing the dread in Taehyung's eyes he chose to comply.

"I'll pay you. Please do this for me." Taehyung whispered. Jungkook didn't want to agree, but Taehyung was his first friend in Seoul, and he didn't want to say no either, so he answered with a quiet "Alright"
"See? Jungkookie is my boyfriend. Isn't that right, jagiya?" Taehyung smiled and laughed.

"Ah, ne jagi!" Jungkook chuckled, hoping the student couldn't hear the nervousness in his voice.

The scene faded to black and Jungkook felt more confused. It wasn't completely black and white like the past two doors, and for the first time Jungkook was unsure of which to pick. He didn't think the right door was the correct one, but at the same time was he 100% certain? What if the tower was trying to trick him and the right door was the right door? What if it was tricking him by making him think it was the right door when it was the wrong one?

He had two options. One: He dated Taehyung because the boys genuinely liked each other. Two: They dated only for pretend to get rid of Taehyung's sasaeng. Jungkook sighed, there was only one valid option.

He chose the left door.

Taking a deep breath, he ran through it without hesitation. He kept his head down, afraid something would happen and his eyes were squeezed shut. Even through his closed eyes, he could see the bright white light that engulfed the room and he looked up quickly to see the false Taehyung smiling in the middle. It was a face he was so happy to see.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook gasped. "I passed?"

He nodded. "Congratulations, Kookie."

Jungkook laughed joyously as the wrong memory cracked and shattered. As the memory of Taehyung holding hands with a Jungkook who wore a fake smile as they stood in front of a crushed boy and a crowd of onlookers broke into pieces. The correct memory flooded through Jungkook's mind.

Taehyung blinked "...Did you just say yes?"

"...Nah I said 'Go die in a hole' Yes, you paboya I said yes!" Jungkook sarcastically responded.

Taehyung picked up Jungkook - dropping the flowers in the process - and spun him around.

"Yah!" Jungkook complained "Put me down! This isn't a fanfiction!"

Taehyung put him down, but continued to hug him tightly. He smelled like vanilla, and it was Jungkooks favorite scent. "By the way," Taehyung murmured "Nice Spiderman p.j's"

Who was spiderman? It didn't even matter. When Jungkook got out of here he would ask Taehyung all of these things and more. He would meet all of the people he couldn't remember, and he couldn't wait. He would meet Taehyung and get to know him. He was Taehyung's boyfriend, and even though he didn't know much about the elder, Jungkook was happy.