The God Complex (TaeKook) - Room 2

"What made you like Kim Taehyung?" the question echoed in the room.

Like before, the left door shone and Jungkook walked towards it, considerably less hesitant than before.  Looking inside the window, he saw the frozen image of himself again in a crowded hallway. It seemed like the same hallway as before, although a different part of it. This time, Jungkook looked like he couldn't be bothered. As before, the scene started moving and Jungkook began walking down the hallway.

Jungkook held onto the strap of his backpack like his life depended on it. With his head down and music blasting in his ears, he made his way through the crowded school hallway, only occasionally looking up so he wouldn't bump into anyone. He stopped by his locker to exchange some books, most importantly the one for his World History class. Suddenly, the whole hallway became hushed. It was noticeable even with G-Dragon yelling in Jungkook's ears. He took off a headphone and turned around as he closed the locker door.

Everyone was gathered in the sides of the hallway, but no one in the middle. Jungkook understood exactly what was happening now. He looked to his left and there he was. Mr. Kim Taehyung sauntering down the hallways as if he owned the place. Honestly, they were in college, isn't everyone a little old to be acting this way? Try as he might to ignore the elder, Jungkook found Taehyung attractive. His personality was equivalent to that of a city dumpster, but the kid was hot. The way his tie was hanging loosely and the top three buttons of his shirt undone. His hands in his pockets and his brown hair messy but at the same time neat.

Jungkook hated many things about Kim Taehyung; but most of all, he hated that , if given the chance, he would bind Taehyung to the bed and do unspeakable things to him.

Jungkook stepped back from the door as the scene faded to black, his face burning. He felt the lust that the Jungkook in that memory felt, and he didn't like it. He didn't want to believe he was actually as horny as that memory made him out to be, so Jungkook quickly walked to the other door without even waiting for it to light up. The light almost blinded him when the memory shone, but once the light dimmed and Jungkook could see inside, he almost immediately liked this scene better. In this memory, the figures of Jungkook and Taehyung sat in a room although Jungkook didn't know who it belonged to. He had a feeling it was his own, though. The two sat at a desk, and there were textbooks and spiral notebooks in front of them. The memory moved, and the memory version of Jungkook leaned toward the textbook with a pencil.

"You see TaeTae hyung," Jungkook pointed with his mechanical pencil at a problem in the textbook. "Since we have both the adjacent and the hypotenuse of this triangle, we would use Cosign. Then Theta is this little angle right here and-"

"Ughhh Kookie, why are we still doing this?" Taehyung whined as he threw his pencil on his math book. They had been studying since they got home, both were still in their school uniforms even though it was already 7:15PM.

"Because, hyung, we have an exam coming up, and you somehow don't know basic trigonometry." Jungkook had learned these functions in the 10th grade when he took a Geometry course.

"Why is trigonometry even a thing? I'm tired, and this is hard!" Taehyung pouted, obviously trying to use aegyo on the younger.

"How are you older than me?" Jungkook sighed and put down his pencil. "Here, let's just try to memorize the functions?"

Taehyung groaned, but looked at his book anyway. After some moments of staring at the page he suddenly had an epiphany "Some Old Hippy Caught Another Hippy Trippin' On Acid!"

Jungkook looked at him as if it was the strangest thing he'd heard all day. Which, not going to lie, it was. "...eh?"

Taehyung grabbed Jungkooks shoulders and shook them. "The function stuff! Some Old Hippy is 'Sintax = Opposite over Hypotenuse' Caught Another Hippy is 'Cosign = Adjacent over Hypotenuse' Trippin' On Acid is 'Tangent = Opposite over Adjacent!"

Jungkook laughed. "That's actually really smart. Who knew you had brains?"

Jungkook smiled as he stepped back from the door. He knew trigonometry? Trigonometry  sounds hard, but his memory explained it as if it was the easiest thing on the planet. Easier than breathing! He liked this version of Taehyung, he was nice and kind, and silly. He hoped the other memories had this boy too, because he wanted to see more with him. Without another thought, Jungkook opened the door.

He was greeted pitch black so thick it was suffocating. He felt nervous again, but arguably less so than the first time he chose a door. The room suddenly lit up with a bright white light that made Jungkook recoil in an almost vampiric fashion, and he was greeted with the false Taehyung's smiling face.

"Kookie, you did it! Congradulations on passing another room!" The interface cheered, and Jungkook looked to his left to see the narcissistic Taehyung and the horny Jungkook crack and shatter into pieces.

Jungkook sighed in relief, releasing the breath he didn't know he was holding. The rest of the memory came flooding back to him.

"What do you mean 'Who knew you had brains?'?!" Taehyung gasped. "What a rude kid, I'm your hyung!"

"My hyung who I need to tutor so he won't fail out of college."

"I'm an acting major, I don't even need this trigonometry BS." Taehyung huffed.

"I'll treat you to Japchae if you finish all your problems." Jungkook offered. He knew Taehyung couldn't resist the offer of Korean knife noodles.

"...deal." Hook, line, and sinker.

Jungkook smiled at the rest of the memory, and he felt warm inside. He really liked this Kim Taehyung, even though he had only seen two true memories with him.
"Four more rooms left." 'Taehyung' smiled and the now familiar grey room and doors appeared behind him.