Chapter 8: The Primes

After a good nights rest, and a new clue now solved, the team drove off to the area of where they were assigned to by Jetfire.  It was a few hours of driving, and chattering between everyone, but they eventually made it to an abandoned building.  Inside, was different kinds of inscriptions, but nothing around looked anything cybertronian.  Just as Sam was about ready to give up, the green and red twins started fighting, pushing each other into the walls.  "Shut the ... fuck ... up!" screamed Athena as Bumblebee grabbed their heads and bashed them together before throwing them out of the building.  While Cyberchip nuzzled up to Athena to calm her down, Sam and the humans inspected a hole in a wall that the twins had made.  They called the Camaro twins over to blast a bigger hole in the wall, to which they brought out their cannons.  After there was a hole big enough for the humans to step through, Sam led the way to which there was quite the sight to behold.  Standing in front of them were the Primes that had sacrificed themselves to keep the Matrix safe.  And in the middle of the circle of Primes, was the Matrix, the tool said to be able to revive Optimus.  As the twins watched from the other side of the hole, Sam walked up to the Matrix, and carefully picked it up.  But before Sam could even stand up properly with the Matrix, it dissolved into metallic dust right before his eyes.  As they processed what had just happened, Sam felt a horrible sting inside of him.  The only thing that could possibly save the world from a destroyed sun, gone, not able to be taken back.  Sam felt like he wanted to cry inside, as Mikaela put her hand on his back, trying to help him get through.  What were they supposed to do now?  There was a deadly silence in the cave as Sam did his best not to lose himself.

:What am I doing?: Sam asked himself.  :What am I thinking?!  I can't just give up now!  We came this far, and there is no way that I'm just going to give up on this now!  I'm fighting 'til the end!:  As Sam gathered up his courage, he took off his shoe and then a sock as he put the dust of the Matrix into it.  As Sam put his shoe back on, he told Simmons to go outside to check if there was anything outside.  As he looked towards Mikaela, he heard Simmons yelling in delight about the army finally arriving in the area with Optimus Prime in clear sight.  As they all walked out, the bots transformed, and let their humans inside.  Basically, all they were doing now, was depending on Sam and hoping that nothing would go wrong.  A few minutes later, the soldiers had sent up smoke, signalling where they were at.  When all seemed to be going well, they were suddenly attacked by missiles.  As the 2 pairs of twins skidded to a halt, they saw Starscream in the air, ready to attack.  They watched as Cyberchip tried to hold him off, but struggling with all the missiles following her.  Athena let out a long and quiet beep as she worried for her beloved Predacon.  Mikaela sensed her distress, and stroked her to calm her down.  Once she calmed down, the team discussed a plan to reach their soldier friends.  Bumblebee and the other twins would be decoy while Athena would carry Sam and Mikaela to their destination.  It was the best thing they had, and they had a small advantage because Starscream wouldn't know which bot held which humans.  Athena was still shivering slightly, watching the blue bot in the sky, scratching at the seeker up there with her.  She then turned towards their destination, and went off at full speed.

HOLY SHIT, I AM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING LATELY!  I'VE BEEN DISTRACTED WITH THINGS TODAY, AND I HAD LOST MOTIVATION FOR A FEW DAYS!  I really appreciate the people that have been reading such a story that is not that good and pretty cringe with words.  Uhhhhhhhhh........yeah.  Good day or night, wherever or whoever you are.  :D