Chapter 5: It Has Started

Sam watched as the mechanical bird launched itself towards his boss, who was flung into a bookshelf.  He knew that it wasn't the best sign if it took it's time to stare him down again.  He ran as his lanky legs would go.   He bumped his waist, his arm, and his shoulder into walls and tables but he didn't care.  Why did he feel like the world was going so fast, but his legs so slow?  He snapped his neck to look behind him, to which he saw the ugliest mother fucking mechanical bird slamming into a wall before regaining balance and flying after him.  (Don't take this the wrong way, I fucking LOVE his design.)  Screaming, he turns ahead and starts running even faster.  He didn't want this, what ever the fuck he was saying a few weeks ago about missing the action, he takes it back.  There was NO WAY IN HELL that he was missing this.  He skidded down a corner, and took a sudden turn.  It made Laserbeak go past the hallway and backtrack before chasing him again.

Sam ran and ran, he ran down the steps to the bottom floor.  However, before he knew it he had lost the flying bastard.  He looked all around, frantically listening for even a small flutter of metal.  But there was no sign of Laserbeak.  As soon as he knew his own safety, he had a plan in motion.  He ran all the way down the stairs and out the front doors, frantically looking around him just in case Laserbeak was around.  He then hopped into his car and raced home.  Once he made it home he screamed Carly's name, frantically calling for her.  When she appeared from their bedroom, he  grabbed her arm and rushed out of the house.  There was no way he was going to allow her to be in the house alone when there was an insane bird machine after him.  While Carly kept asking what was wrong, he told her nothing was they both got inside his car and drove off.  "What's going on Sam?  Tell me!  Where are we going?!"  Carly kept on questioning Sam as she was confused on his actions.  He kept quiet as he drove off to the coordinates that Bee had once given him.

After driving for at least 10 minutes, he took a sudden turn which had woke Carly up from her short nap.  "Where are we, Sam, you have to answer me. I want to know!"  Sam just hummed a response before stopping the car in front of the security guards of the building.  He rolled down the window, and looked the guard dead in the eye.  "Okay, I need to speak to Optimus.  T.. The Decepticons are back, and h... he needs to know."  All the guards said was, "Sir this is a hospital..."  "Oh, yeah.  Just have high ranking security cover the place for a place thAT DOESN'T NEED THAT HIGH RANKING SECURITY!"  Sam had yelled sarcastically.  After 30 more seconds of bickering, he got tired of the guards bullshit, and apparently the other guards did too because one of them slammed his hand on Sam's car and yelled at him.  This had hit a nerve in Sam's system and he started up the engine.  "DO NOT HIT MY CAR, IT'S A COLLECTOR'S ITEM!"  He slowly drove forward and bumped against the bar, which apparently had sensors on them because as soon as the car hit the bar, the back of his car was boosted up, making Sam unable to drive.  "We have an energon reading!"  "Get out the car, we are going to inspect your car!"  As Sam and Carly jumped out, the guards grabbed his arms and started to handcuff him.  But before his other hand was caught, Sam had grabbed the walky-talky from the officer and yelled, "BUMBLEBEE!  ATHENA!  ANYONE OF THE AUTOBOTS HELP ME!"  The officer shook him to which he lost grip of the device.

However, as soon as Sam's other hand was about to be cuffed, he heard 2 roars of engines from behind him.  As he turns around he saw 2 Camaros, one white and one yellow, driving towards them, definitely past the speed limit.  As the yellow one transformed first, it revealed 17 feet tall robot that had one servo as a cannon and another servo about to grab Sam.  Meanwhile, the other Camaro had also transformed, revealing an identical robot with both servos as cannons.  "Bee!  Athena!  You're here!  Thank fucking god."  Sam had said as he pulled his hands away from the guard and did the finger at him.  The satisfaction had radiated off of the twins, but soon disappeared as Sam glared at them.  "Yeah, you better be sorry.  I had given you 2 my address, but no visit!  Not even a call!  Do you have any idea how much I missed you guys?!  God, not even a fucking call..." Sam had yelled at them.  "Sam... We missed you... too!  We... couldn't leave... the base." Bumblebee had tried to reason with him in his distorted radio voice, but Athena patted a servo on his shoulder plate, indicating that he shouldn't even try.  Bumblebee made a long drawn out noise,which was similar to the human sigh.

Sam had walked off to Carly and the 2 ex-decepticons that were originally in the car.  "I'm sorry for their disrespect baby.  I'll make sure that you stay safe here."  Sam had said softly to Carly, to which she giggled and smile at him.  They were escorted through a side door, while the Camaro twins went through a bigger door which was actually made for them.  As the couple looked around, they saw all kinds of vehicles and machines.  The first face they recognized was lieutenant Lennox, who just stared at Sam for a moment before escorting them around the place.  After a few more minutes of walking around, they met up with a lady with a few guards surrounding her.  As they caught her attention, she looked at them with cold eyes.  Lennox spoke up first.  "Director Mearing, this is Samuel Witw-"  "I don't need you to introduce him to me." she snapped at him, as he fell silent.  Sam already didn't like her as she turned back to him and looked with fierce eyes.  "I'm sorry, but I don't remember giving you permission to enter this facility.  And her..." she said as she turned to Carly.  "This place isn't made for dates."  This had hit a nerve in Sam, as he said, "Well, since I don't know you, I don't think I need to follow your orders..."  The director glared at him for a moment before turning and walking down a hallway, with Sam and Carly following suite.  When they arrived at a clearing, they saw a tall mech standing in front of an even taller mech that was laying down on a berth, unconscious from what Sam could tell.  But they all went silent, as the tall mech, known as Optimus Prime, spoke up.

"Sentinel Prime, the smartest of our age.  Your time had come too soon, old friend." he had said as his chest plate opened revealing his spark, with an object floating out of it.  "The Matrix of Leadership..." Sam had said breathlessly.  As Optimus softly tossed it between his two servos, the Matrix floating around with small force of motion, he took one step and pushed it towards Sentinel's energon-less corpse.  His chest plate opened slowly, and in went the Matrix.  After 2 seconds of silence, the small openings between Sentinel's armor had glowed a bright electric blue.  Then all went silent again, before the Prime had groaned and opened his optics.  The relieved air had spread throughout the room before it quickly dissolved.  Sentinel quickly pounced onto Optimus and unsheathed his sword.  Optimus got punched here and there, and the other Autobots could do nothing but stand by, trying to help.  They didn't have permission to attack someone who had a higher rank in society.  "Sentinel!" Optimus yelled while being punched, "Old friend!  Calm down...  You are safe now."  Upon hearing his words, Sentinel seemed to realize what was going on.  "Optimus...  The ship!  We were under attack!... Where are the Pillars...?"  He was like a person who just woke up from a coma, completely behind on news.  "You are safe Sentinel...  As for the Pillars, only 5 of them were able to be retrieved.."  He let that information sink in before Sentinel got angry again.  "Only 5?!  We used to have hundreds!!  What if the Decepticons have them?!"  Sentinel Prime was outraged.  "Excuse me!" said a female voice beneath them.  As both Primes look down, they see Director Mearing looking at them coldly.  "Can one you machines tell me, what is a Pillar?"  She was practically yelling because of how tall they were. "The Pillars are advanced technology that I created, it breaks all laws of physics on Earth.  When the Control Pillar is activated, the Pillars that are connected to it make a wormhole.  It creates a gate through space and time, and allows us to transport materials and civilians across galaxies, even universes!"  "So it's military purpose is to transport weapons, am I wrong?"  "... Perhaps..."  This news had not pleased Director Mearing, as she started yelling even louder.  "So!  If the Decepticons somehow caught it in their hands, it could mean the end of the world as we know it?!  The Pillars will be locked in that safe until you can somehow assure me that it won't be a threat to Earth!"  Sentinel slowly turned towards her, before growling, "I will overlook your condescending tone.  Did you seriously think that I made planet-destroying technology, without putting a lock on it?  Only I can control the Pillars..."  Sparks were flying between this tall red mech and the small woman.  She glared at him before swiftly turning and walking away without saying a word.

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  THANK YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH FOR 1.1K.  I'M LOSING MY GOD DAMN MIND.  This chapter is BY FAR one of the longest I have done.  Thank you all so much for being patient, and I am so sorry for taking forever.  1707 Words!