CHAPTER: 5

I closed my eyes and when I removed my thumb I opened my eyes and I gasped.

There are two lines.

------

I covered my mouth, I did my best not to cry.

I quickly threw away the test strip and went out without leaving any traces that I took a pregnancy test.

I couldn't think properly the whole day but I managed to do every task my superiors asked me to do as usual.

Dahyun would even ask me if I was ok and I would just nod.

---
A few hours later
---

Still Mina's POV

We went home now and I cooked for Dahyun and me.

She saw me and sighed, "Mitang just sit and let me cook please." she said.

"Oh it's ok I'm almost done anyway." I told her.

She just suddenly grabbed and wooden spoon from me and started stirring the food.

"You're one of the kindest, sweetest and selfless people I know but you still won't be great if you're stubborn so just sit there now." she told me so I just obeyed.

"I know something's going on with you Minari, you're avoiding me, you're so extra quiet than usual and you look like your sick often. Please just tell me, you know we got each other, I always tell you my problems so why couldn't you do the same? We've been best friends for years we're no different than being sisters." she started to say.

I know she's right, maybe I should tell her, how could I get rid of my worries and problems if I keep it to myself?

"Dubu...I..I think I'm pregnant" I said slowly and she stopped stirring and her jaw dropped.

"I know it's sudden but I've been vomiting often and get morning sickness and I crave strawberries dipped in peanut butter all the time and I searched on the net what's going on with me and it said I have signs of pregnancy  so I took a pregnancy test and it shows I'm positive I-I couldn't just accept it yet and I don't want to add to your problems with your work-"

I cut when Dahyun hugged me and stroke my head.

"Oh Minari you should have told me sooner, imagine if I didn't encourage you to open up, my work is not as important when my best friend is going through tough things." she said.

Then she suddenly pulled off from the hug and looked confused, "But Minari who's...who's the father? You said you didn't do it Dae Hyun after what you found out about him and everything.."

I looked down at my feet and started to sob, that question struck me, that's why I'm afraid to accept that I'm pregnant even if it's my dream to be a mother because of the other parent of this baby...

"I-I had a one-night stand." I told her and she gasped.

"I drank at the bar that night when I got a text about Dae Hyun cheating on me and I got drunk and went in the wrong room and I just suddenly woke up in the morning already with someone else beside me-"

Dahyun held my shoulders tightly, "Minari you know how serious this is?? How could you have kept all of this to yourself??" she burst in concern.

"By any chance do you remember his face? Was he a local there?" she asked.

I shook my head, "I can't say it's a guy-"

"What??" she asked in shock.

I took the handkerchief the queen lent me when I was crying from my bag and showed it to her "She gave this to me-"