𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝗕𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗔𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹𝘀

Warnings: Mature Language, Pregnancy, Death, Mentions of Death, Mentions of drugs/ drug abuse, Mentions of abortion, Funeral, Mentions of rape, Hints of Miscarriage .

❝𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐲 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐞, 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐥 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲.❞ 

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 you sweetheart?" Genevieve asked me running her hands through my hair before plaiting it. "Ya told me not to trust a bitch, but here I go doin' it all again." I repeated what she'd said, as she hummed to herself, "That's right baby, you should not trust a bitch. But it'll be okay, because you'll know when to do right and when to do wrong." Gem promised taking a puff of her cigarette. "God ya and momma are the same." I groaned sipping my soda. "No we aren't, your mother likes to treat you as a child. But you're much more..." She smirked twirling my hair as I grinned.

"Nah, ya just chattin' shit. I just... I can't explain somethangs yanno?" I softly spoke looking up to Genevieve for a second, "I know, but ya special and one day I'm gonna tell ya that properly. Now, grilled cheese?" She asked finishing my hair, I looked at myself in the mirror- I looked pretty. "Sure." I shrugged before seeing momma stroll down. "Five." She grumbled as Gem rolled her eyes pouring herself and momma a drink. "Of what?" I asked. "Abortions ya grandma has had and somehow it's ma fault for everythang. How does she even get knocked up at her age?" Momma huffed.

"It'll be fine Maddy, to say ya mom is forty seven, she really needs to mature herself." Genevieve comforted her as momma made me a hot cocoa and I smirked in response. "What's that look for kid?" She questioned as I simply replied, "I just don't understand why ya can get rid of a child that many times unless there's a reason. Like no smokin', no drinkin', no drugs." I honestly stated as Gem smirked.

"Looks whose being a mature adult... I like that kid." She smiled at me. "Thanks." I smiled back walking to momma who gave me the cocoa. "Please, I smoked with ya and ya turned out fine. Sure ya had a dicky heart for a few months but we got ya sorted. Scrapped all our money ta fix it, and look at ya now. My Addi, ya so perfect and I couldn't ask for a better kid." Momma beamed kissing my forehead as Genevieve whispered in my ear, "For once she's sober and telling the truth baby." I giggled in response sipping my cocoa.

✭✭✭

𝐈 𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐜𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞 in half as I stood next to daddy and Beth at Dales funeral, I flickered it on the floor. "Dale, he could get under your skin. He sure got under mine. Because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, how he felt. That honesty is rare and brave." Rick began to read out as I sighed. Dale deserved better than this, so much better.

"Whenever I'd make a decision I'd look at Dale and he'd look back with that look he had. We've all seen it one time or another. He saw people for who they were." He continued as I looked at Shane. He was one of the only other few people who knew of Otis' real death. "He knew thangs about us, the truth, who we really are. He knew the truth bout it all.." I stated looking at Shane.