20.

Valk

Although the sun was shining, a cold breeze made him shiver, he'd forgotten it was almost winter at this part of Bryar'morr, quickly he activated his exoskeleton to keep warm.
Valk was squatting on a thick branch of a large tree that looked out over both the forest and the rolling fields around.

"Don't forget to bring me some small and straight branches..." A female voice sounded from his wrist gauntlet.

"Be quiet woman..." Why was it so hard for her to keep her mouth shut?Valk thought annoyed.

"Stop calling me that, jerk! You know damn well it hate it when you call me that!" Kenzi hissed.

"Be quiet Kenzi!"

Keeping Kenzi on board the ship seemed the safest place for her, he hadn't anticipated she would keep continuing to bugg him through the wrist gauntlet, meaning he wasn't as stealthy as usual.

Valk sighed, his mate, ... he'd already resigned himself to the fact that's what she was..., could be a real pain in the ass at certain moments, somehow though, he got really attached to her in the short time they were together.

All of a sudden he heard the sound of a engine coming his way. Focus, you idiot, he thought to himself.
Being on Bryar'morr was dangerous, the Qas'qiari where a highly intelligent and dangerous species, and just like Yautja, excellent hunters. Even though physically they were no match, at least not to Valk, their weapons matched that of the Yautja, meaning he had to be careful.

He turned off the sound of his gauntlet, cloaked and focused his vision on the approaching vehicle.
Valk frowned. This didn't made sense... He'd chosen this place to hunt and gather things for Kenzi, because it was pretty secluded and difficult to reach, therefore he'd been pretty certain he wouldn't run into any Qas'qiari out here, but it seemed he made a big mistake.

If necessary, he wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone, but he wasn't in for a trophy hunt this time, he just wanted to gather food, trophies had to wait for a while.

He stayed as stealthy as possible and focused on the vehicle, it contained one large male. A soft rustle came from the bushes beneath the tree where he was hiding. Underneath his tree, in the undergrowth, Valk saw another man crawling up to the bushes and kneeling down, clearly hiding from the oncoming person.

The vehicle stopped several yards from where he was hiding and a tall man got out. By the looks of him, it was an Alpha, his whole attitude radiated authority, and the blood in Valk veins started to pump faster, this Alpha would make a grand hunting trophy.
His thoughts got distracted by the kneeling man underneath his tree, the guy got up and appeared from his hideout.

At this point Valk was able to see the resemblance between the two of them. Both of them were very tall, approximately seven to seven foot four, brought shouldered, light eyed, they had dark wavy hair and they were probably both Alpha's, taking their attitude in consideration.

The male who'd came with the vehicle turned to face the one that stepped out of his hideout. Valk was able to see, the man was a lot older than the one who'd hidden underneath his three, by the looks of both of them, Valk assumed they were family, probably father and son.

Unable to understand their language, he adjusted his gauntlet so he would be able to follow their conversation.

Valks suspicions were correct. Both men were indeed father and son, and in the course of their conversation he learned, the young man had betrayed his father's pack and that of his brothers. Valk also heard the old man say how he had hoped he'd been wrong in his suspicions, but wasn't and that the younger man left him with no choice but to bring him back to the pack were he would be punished and banned in front of all of their packs.
Apparently the young man killed several hunters from the Alpha's and his brothers packs and kidnapped several women for another pack, a pack the old man scornfully called 'rogues'.