21.

Valk

The sight of Kenzi lying in a pool of blood made his gut churn.
Valk rushed over and knelt beside her. Thank U Paya, she still alive, he thought as he checked her pulse. Carefully he took her in his arms and carried her to the to the steel table that appeared at his command.

"Check her for internal bleeding and fractures, and keep controlling her vital signs. I'll be right back..." Ordering the computer, and left to get a large blanket so Kenzi would be a little more comfortable on the hard table.

"Update..." Valks stomach churned when he came back and saw she still hadn't regained consciousness.

{The female has a concussion, the fifth and sixth ribs are fractured, and she has several cuts on various parts of her body, there are no signs of internal bleeding.}

"Then why hasn't she regained consciousness?"

{There is a slight swelling in her brain, due to the blow on her head. I already tend to it, so she should regain consciousness any minute now. I must warn though, she might suffer from a severe headache, and it is possible that she may be experiencing memory loss, although this will be temporary. I also took the liberty to heal her fractures.}

No sooner had the computer finished when Kenzi opened her eyes.

"Ooohhh, my head..., what happened?" She looked at him with groggy eyes.

"I'll tell you later, but first, I'm going to tent to your wounds..."

Instantly Kenzi tried to sit up, but due to her concussion she immediately fell backwards.

"Ooohhhh..., my head, why is everything spinning,Valk?" She sounded slurry, and she tried to sit upright again.

"Lay down Kenzi, your hurting yourself." But instead of listening, Kenzi tried to push his hands away.

"Kenzi! Stop it woman!" This had the desired effect, well..., pretty much.

Kenzi looked at him and pointed her finger at him.

"Don't call me that, you djurk..."

Valk had to suppress a grin, she sounded like she'd been drinking.

"What did you gave her? She sounds drunk..."

And there she went again, trying to sit up, but failed yet again...

"... I'm not drunk..." Kenzi muttered, but let herself fall backwards again.

{I administered painkillers, antibiotics and nanoïds to heal her fractures. To my knowledge this should haven't effected her like this. It is possible her early pregnancy could possibly be the cause of her condition, although I have already taken this into account with the dosage.}

"Kenzi..." Valk was trying to keep his mate from sitting up straight again, when he heard the computer telling him his mate was pregnant, instantly his head jerked up.

"What?!... What do you mean, with early pregnancy?"

"I am pregnant...? Ha! So that's why I'm hungry all the time... Nhah! Now you have to get me some decent food!" Kenzi grinned at him, when all of a sudden...

"I think I'm going to throw up..."

Thanks to his quick reaction ability, Valk was able to step away in time, to avoid the stomach contents of his mate being spilled all over his legs and feet.

"Paya..." His mandibles were clicking frantically.

"You try to keep you stomach contents inside, when you feel this nauseous..." And another wave of vomit hit the floor.

"... this is disgusting..."

"You think...? I'm the one throwing up, not you, you ass... Oohhh God... I feel sick..."

"Can't you give her something? Something to stop this nausea?"

Pregnant..., Kenzi was pregnant... Paya... Valk looked at the woman in front of him. Blood was smeared all over her face and body due to the blow on her head, and the cuts on her torso and legs. Her hair stood up as if she'd been electrocuted, her nose was red and running from throwing up, she looked like a mess, nevertheless he felt his heart swell just by looking at her.
Was this what other creatures like Humans and Qas'qiari called love?

"Valk..., Valk? You're still with me...?"

"Yes..."

"Can you help me to the shower please? I feel awful ... I smell like a trash can, there's blood and puke all over me, and I can still taste what I had for breakfast..."

Carefully he took her in his arms and carried her to the shower. She really did smell awful, Valk thought, and clammed his mound and mandibles together.
He put her down in the shower and turned on the tap.

"Come, here. I will help you..."
Carefully he took his time to wash her whole body until she felt and smelled clean again. After he was done, he saw her eyes fluttering.

"You're tired, aren't you?"

"Hmmm..."

Kenzi had almost fallen asleep during his carefully cleaning and was hanging heavily against his torso. He grabbed a large cloth they used as towel and covered her with it, and carried her to the bed he created for them.

"Hey Valk..."

"Hmmm?" He was just busy taking off the wet cloth to replace it with a thicker one, the one she always use to cover herself in when he wasn't around to keep her warm.

"You're going to be a dad, just like you hoped when you abducted me..." Kenzi smirked.

"Yeah..." When he was done he sat down next to her.

"I just didn't expect it to happen so soon... To be honest... I didn't expect it to happen at all..." His bright yellow eyes roamed across his mates body.

True... He had hoped he would be able to create offspring, mostly to prove to himself and to others, he wasn't an abomination. But to truly impregnate a woman, most importantly the only woman he started to care for this deeply, was something completely different, he wasn't really sure about his feelings right now.

Kenzi lifted herself up on one arm a little to take a better look at him.

"You don't sound to happy...?" Her voice sounded small and trembled a little.

"I'm not sure how I feel right now." Valk cocked his head to the side.

"To be honest. I never believed I would be able to impregnate you."

"Well, that makes both of us..." He saw relief on her face.

"You're not the only one who doesn't know what or how to feel. Let's be honest..., we only know each other for what..., three weeks? And let's face it, you're a gigantic Yautja and I'm human, we not an average couple, are we?"

She had a sheepish grin on her face, and he couldn't do anything more than to grin back.

"We're a strange couple indeed, little mate, come here."

Valk lay down on the bed, and pulled her on top of him.

"Try to sleep a little, I have to check the ship to see how badly it is damaged. We talk later."

It didn't take Kenzi long to fall asleep. Reluctantly he let go of her warm, soft body and made a start fixing the ship's internal problems.
The more he thought of her pregnancy, the more he started to grin. He wasn't just an abomination, he wasn't a monster or a fighting machine... no... he was going to have a pup with his mate, he was somebody. Maybe he wasn't a real Yautja, but he wasn't a mistake, he would show all of them.