22.

Valk & Kenzi

After finishing some repair's to the ship, Valk walked back to the bed he shared with Kenzi, to find her sitting up in the middle of it, her back to the entrance.

"Why aren't you asleep? I told you to get some rest..., you have a concussion, and fractured ribs... and stop fiddling with the bandages on your leg!"

"They're to tight..., I was just trying to loosen them a little, jeezz..., you sound like my mother..."

Because to Kenzi the subject of pregnancy was still a very, ...well..., new and uncharted subject, she decided to ask Valk what had happened on the planet instead, which made the Qas'qiari come after them.

"What the hell happened back on that planet,Valk?" She cocked her head a little.

He sighed.
"I stumbled across some kind of gathering between two Alpha's, at the edge of the forest were I decided to go for a hunt. The youngest of them had set a trap, to kill the older one. I tried to intervene but before I could reach them the kid gave the old Alpha a fatal stab, and took off. I couldn't leave the man dying there alone and stayed until he did. But the cavalry arrived before I could leave, catching me standing next to his dead body. So, now they think I'm his killer. In short, that's what happened."

He never failed to amaze her, Kenzi thought. The man was a ruthless fighting machine, a killer pure sang, and jet, on the other hand he could be kind and gentle, and she felt her heart missing a beat when she looked at the tall creature standing in front of her tending to the wounds on her leg.

"What...?"

"Nothing... I was just thinking of, how sweet you are..."

His head flew up, and flexed his mandibles irritably.

"I'M NOT SWEET!!"

Almost chocking on her laughter, Kenzi duck away. She new damn well he'd be pissed if she called him sweet, but wasn't able to resist the opportunity to tease him.

"Yes you are! You're so incredibly sweet!" Teasing him a little more.

Valk threw her leg aside, got onto his feet and stormed off. What the hell!? Sweet! I'M NOT SWEET!!!
Valk was irritated, calling a Yautja, ...worse..., calling HIM sweet was nothing more than an insult!

Still snickering, Kenzi got up, and carefully hopped after her annoyed mate.

She found him standing behind the pilot's seat, his arms folded over his chest, staring at the big screen that showed the universe flying by.

"Oohhh, come on Valk, don't be so mad, I was just teasing you..." But failed miserably in her apology when she couldn't suppress a grin."

"Kenzi!"

The naughty grin on her face instantly swoop all irritation he felt down the drain, oohhh for pauk's sake, he desperately wanted to be mad at her for calling him sweet, but he couldn't. He wasn't even capable to maintain a stoic appearance like the rest of the Yautja did.

"I'm just teasing you my love..." and hopped towards the gigantic male who managed to steal her heart in just a couple of weeks.

"Hmmff..."

"Just hold me, you big softy..." She snickered seeing Valk flexing his mandibles in annoyment.

"I let you be the biggest, baddest and terrifying Yautja to anyone else, as long as you'll be the strongest and sweetest one to me and our child..." Her cheeks reddened saying the words out loud, our child... Her heart skipped a beat seeing the look in his yellow eyes soften.