23

The large, brightly lit corridors were crowded with alien creatures of all sizes, shapes and attitudes. Some of the larger creatures weren't paying attention were they were going, almost knocking Kenzi over several times, luckily she had her own big, bulky guardian with her, protect her from the clumsy behavior of some very large and not too bright creatures.

A four legged creature, the size of a horse with long shiny chocolate brown hair all over its slender body, almost knocked her over, when it tried to turn in the crowded corridor.

"I'm very sorry, I wasn't paying attention... Did I hurt you?" The being asked with a gurgle voice, as it was preventing her from falling backwards.  Two beige coloured, smooth looking tentacles, that seemed to emerge from somewhere behind his front legs, latched around her waist.
His face lowered to hers so their noses almost touched. It looked bull like, an aurochs but without the wide spread horns, it had intelligent, kind eyes.

Before Kenzi was able to answer, a rapid clicking follow by a terrifying growling sounded from behind her.

"... get.those.filthy.tendrils.off.my.mate... or.I.will.feed.them.to.you...!"

Valk's voice sounded extremely nemesing and Kenzi's heart jumped, no one had ever been so protective, skip that..., possessive over her. It made her a little proud and giggling at the same time.

"Valk, It's okay, he just prevented me from falling."

But before the creature could release her, Valk had already taken a firm hold on the beings thick neck.

"NOW!!"

His mandibles were wide spread, as if he was ready to bite the creatures head off.

Without warning, the creature released her and she ended down on het butt.

"VALK, STOP IT!"

Being over-protective, was one thing, but being this hostile made no sense what so ever. Sure..., he was a Yautja, and Yautja love the hunt..., worthy prey... yeah, but this bull like creature didn't strike Kenzi as a worthy prey or as a fighter for that matter.

"VALK...!" She tried again, but he ignored her completely.
"Fuck you Valk, I'm out of here..."

Without waiting for Valk to react, Kenzi took off, not realising someone in the crowd was watching their every move.

She didn't know were she was going, as long as it was nowhere close to her mate.

Kenzi had been walking from one corridor to another, and from promenade to promenade, until she was so utterly lost, fear grabbed her by the throat.
All of a sudden she spotted Valk sitting at a small table having something to eat. Even though she was pissed off at him, relief came over her and she walked towards her mate, only to realise it wasn't Valk...

When the giant Yautja raised his head, to look at her, Kenzi realised her mistake, this creature looked like her mate, but when she looked a little closer the male looked completely different.
Where Valks skin was a greenish black, with lighter spots and snake like scales at certain parts of his body, this creature had a brownish skin, and a more snout like face. Besides, he had some kind of metal prosthetic lower mandible, nevertheless the Yautja genes were highly visible, with his mandibles and long black tube like dreads.

The moment she realised her mistake, Kenzi stopt dead in her tracks and started to look round for Valk, panic was now rising to a whole new level and she felt her stomach tighten in fear.

Completely oblivious to the fact that five men were standing around her as if she were prey, Kenzi looked around anxiously. Valk, where are you...? Ohhh, god Valk, where are you?
Tears stung her eyes, she was terrified. What had she done? How could she have been so stupid? Stupid bitch that she was...
In the corner of her eye she saw a large troll-like creature walking towards her, but just as she was about to turn to run away from the creature, she heard a familiar roar.

VALK!

Relief washed over her like warm water, he'd found her...

All of a sudden Kenzi was pressed against a big, hard body and thrown over a shoulder. The creature that had grabbed her, had a had a stocky but muscular build, humanoid body that reminded her of a pumped-up bodybuilder.
Kenzi screamed, what the hell!?

As she was slung over the man's shoulder, she came face to face with the creature she had mistaken for her mate.
When he looked her, there was something familiar about him, and involuntarily Kenzi felt a smile rise. The fear she had felt disappeared as soon as he got up and walked over to her.

Two big ugly troll-like creatures with gigantic, white pointy tusks appeared out of the nowhere and launched themselves at the tall Yautja. Iron chains and pipes were used in trying to beat the crap out of the male, but just like her mate, the Yautja moved like quicksilver, throwing punch after punch at the two big creeps.

Across the hall, Valk was busy making his way over to get to her.
He was relieved to have found his stubborn mate, but getting to her was a whole other story.

After realising that she was gone, he went looking for her, and every time he saw her far in the crowd, he lost sight of her again, because of the crowds and her inconsistent actions, it was hard to predict which corridor she would walk into. He'd already walked into another hallway twice and each time he had to find her scent again.

When he finally found her and was about to breathe a sigh of relief, he noticed a number of figures circling her, Valk knew his little mate, unaware of any danger, was in serious trouble. He didn't think twice and let out a roar in the hope that Kenzi would turn and head his way.

But that hope was dashed when he saw her being grabbed by a half-blood orc.
As he was trying to reach her he got attacked by three tall creatures, one of them, an Aayrieen, stabbed him with a two bladed knive, his red curly hair danced around his head as he attacked the tall Yautja relentlessly, and though he wouldn't have been a great threat if the Elf were alone, along with two half-blood orcs, Valk had to work hard to fend them off, as they were using knives, metal clubs and chains to attack him.

While he was busy parrying the attacks and inflicting heavy blows himself, all of a sudden he found himself face to face with a creature as tall as he was and realised the creature was helping him.
The moment he eyed the tall Yautja, there was a flash of recognition in both their eyes, eve though this was impossible, there was no way he knew this Yautja, Valk knew all the altered ones, and this one wasn't one of them, besides, the male looked different.
Before they had a chance to speak, the male was hit at the back of his head by one of their attackers and their fight continued.

Behind her, Kenzi heard the roaring of Valk getting closer and closer by the second, when all of a sudden she was thrown aside and slammed onto a table full of spices.
Her abductor had thrown her aside when he saw the giant Yautja charging toward him. Although he made attempt to take a knife from the sheath on his hip, it was too late and the man was hoisted up by the throat. His attacker's claws penetrated his leathery hide with ease as if it were butter, blood seeping down from the five deep wounds the claws made.

The male, Valk was holding by the throat, gurgled and made a futile attempt to escape the iron clasp of his opponent, to no use.
Valk felt the life drain from the male and with one last explosion he smashed him down to the ground, the sound of breaking bones was heard by the crowd surrounding them.

He looked up and scanned his surroundings, looking for Kenzi. His body stiff from the  adrenaline running throw his veins, from the fear of losing his small mate.

When he saw her lying on the table of the market stall among all the colored and fragrant spices, looking at him with her big eyes and bright smile, Valk couldn't suppress a growl of relief. He quickly got up to go over to her and take her in his arms.

When she was finally safe in his arms, he heard alarms going off. Valk looked up and saw that he and the other giant had caused a massacre. His eye fell on the giant standing on the other side of the promenade. The giant nodded and disappeared into the crowd.