35

Two months later.

"You call that an attack? Even Kenzi could have easily avoided this despite her big belly..." Both men were panting like horses after two hours of intensive training.

"I'm not deaf Valk! I heard that!" Valk gave his brother a broad grin, his lower jaws spread wide.

  "Look who's talking, you may have parried my attack, but you sound like an old woman with serious lung problems now." Kyr'nac stood with his claws on his knees like Valk, gasping for air.

Orgrim sat at a distance watching the bickering between the two brothers with a big grin.

Valk and Scars were both excellent warriors and equal in power. They had the same skills, the same physical capabilities that made their daily workouts almost real combat, much to the delight of the women who enjoyed the macho behavior of their mates.

Sometimes Orgrim joined in sparring, but that never lasted more than fifteen minutes, after that the Orc was completely worn out and most of the time collapsed right on the spot.

"Did you find out if your contact is able to get us another Yautja ship?" From his crouched position, Kyr'nac watched the Orc, which, with the amazing delicacy of its huge hands, was calmly peeling a piece of fruit.

"No, she hadn't succeeded yet. Apparently security on Yautja Prime has been tightened up, all traders are vetted and all of their merchandise as well. But maybe we're lucky, she knows one of our old friend's descendants, and she's going to try to arrange a meeting with him. It seems that after he was attacked on Earth, he wasn't treated so nicely by the rulers and enforcers. But, you have to wait a little longer." He put a piece of the peeled fruit in his mouth.

"That brings me to the next topic..." The juices dripped down his chin as he spoke.

"Your plan to free Valks brethren is not going to work... at least not with the three of us... We need more help. And speaking of help, I know a few guys who might be willing to help, for a fee, of course, but..." And looked at Kyr'nac.

"...is it possible that you ask for help from your stepbrothers? I happen to know the Qas'qiari really hate Yautja,.."

Quickly Orgrim looked at Valk, who just kocked his massive head to the side and shrugged, he wasn't a big fan of the regular Yautja either...

"...no offense, my friend..., and since most of the men there are still single and have little to do..."

"Why are most of the men from Kyr'nacs home world single?" Kenzi and Iris walked up, arm in arm, and joined the conversation.

"Well, years ago, the Qas'qiari faced huge losses from a seemingly simple virus, resulting in a worldwide epidemic, killing more than 2/3 of the population, mostly women, children and the elderly. Those who got the virus but survived were infertile. Rumor has it that for a few years now they have been kidnapping human women just before they die... Anyway, there won't be enough women for every man yet..."

He walked up to Iris and burried his face in her hair, tousseling her short hair with his mandibles.

"Stop it! You make me look like an idiot..." Altough Iris tried to sound angry, her grin said other wise.

"Well, I doubt they will help us... especially when they see my face..." Kyr'nac turned to his brother.

"Why's that?"

"They think I killed their alpha..." Immediately Kyr'nac straighned.

"Why would they think that? Did you...?"