28

Valk

Silently Valk made his way to the building, the coordinates pointed to, curious to find what it had to hide and of course if there was anyone waiting.
To his surprise Kenzi didn't fight him when he told her he wanted to check the buildings by himself, on the contrary, she seemed to be relieved when he told her he wanted her to stay on the ship all by herself.
Valk shrugged, a couple of hours all by himself was something he needed, so Kenzi probably was looking forward to it as well.

With his body cloaked, he sneaked around the two connected buildings.
The person who created the buildings used the spur of a rock wall in combination with metals and wood, probably wood from the surrounding trees.

The exterior looked as if it had been there for years, as the weather had left their mark, although someone had clearly made an effort to repair the various damages over the years.
Valk could clearly see that some repairs had been done to the roof not all to long ago.

He tuned his internal sensors to see if there was a life form inside, but couldn't detect anything. Cautiously he walked to the entrance, unaware that there was a camera in one of the rocks opposite the building.

As he was standing in front of the door, Valk couldn't hide his surprise when he looked at the entrance. The entrance was high and he could just walk through it without bending over, his instant thought was that the resident had to be a decent size.

Valk decloaked himself and ran the seams of the door with the tips of his fingers to see if he could find an opening as the surface was smooth and polished with no visible seems or bulges.
At one point, he ripped his skin on a sharp spot and pulled his hand back to see what he'd passed, when the door suddenly slid open.

Valk jumped back ready to strike whoever would step out, but no one came...

Standing in attack mode, Valk remained there for a couple of minutes checking the entrance for movement, until he was convinced nobody was home and he had somehow triggered the door to open.

Carefully he entered the building, to his surprise the inside was clean and pretty modern.

On his right seemed to be some kind of workplace. A large table dominated the room and the walls were stalled with tools, weapons and various strange looking technological items, some Valk recognised as being Yautja tools, other items were unknown to him, but the space had a definite Yautja appearance.
The space to his left looked like some kind of kitchen area and Valk assumed the adjacent building to be sleeping quarters.

Everything looked clean and tidy, although the outside looked different. Someone has lived here, this was obvious, probably not around at the moment.

Valk looked carefully around and made his way to the entrance when suddenly a familiar smell caught his attention, probably because he had been too busy securing his surroundings he hadn't noticed it before.

He turned around and took another look at the kitchen area, hoping to find something that would give him a clue as who the owner might be, but there wasn't.

Valk walk back into the working area and took another good look around. In a pile of junk on te far edge of the table he found an old torn apart gauntlet and decided to take it with him, maybe if he was lucky the gauntlet would contain some DNA and the computer could tell him a bit more about the owner.

Kenzi & Valk

Being pregnant with twins was both physically as emotionally pretty tough.
There was nobody besides Valk to talk to, no one to go to for advise or complain about insecurities or little pains, or just... talk about babies.
Right now, Kenzi really did mis her mom's shoulder and advise, well... she just missed her mom in every way.
Her father died a couple of years prior to her abduction and it had been just the three of them after that, she, her brother Tom and their mom.

Kenzi made a mental note, that if the time was right, she would persuade Valk to visit earth to see her mother. Although she new he wouldn't be to happy about it, Kenzi had to see her family one more time and tell them she was alright, she needed the closure.

A loud thud on the roof of the ship terrified her and she let out a cry of terror.

Suddenly there was a screeching sound that slid down the hull of the ship, like claws clinging to the ship's metal plating, then another thud at the entrance.

Her heart skipped a beat, she'd forgotten to close the hatch, a figure appeared out of nowhere in front of her, and without thinking she tossed the large mug she was holding in his direction. With ease Valk dodged the cup, took a big step and took her effortlessly in his arms.

"Your reflexes are getting better, remind me to hide the shurikens from you..." He chuckled.

Despite the fact that he had startled her to death, Kenzi couldn't contain her laughter and gave him a smack to the chest.

"You're a real jerk, Valk! You scared the hell out of me!"

"I know, just wanted to see how you'd react if I wasn't around. But you did just fine..." and nuzzled the top of her head before letting her stand on her own two feet again.

"Well? Did you find something?" She followed him to the control room.

"Yes, someone definitely resides there..."

"So you met someone?! Who?!" Kenzi felt goosebumps rise, this was so exciting!

"No, I didn't, the resident was not present, but judging by the interior, it is inhabited."

Valk walked to a niche in the wall and ran his hand over a panel, revealing an opening. He put the glove in and closed the small hatch, then he walked up to the control panel and sat down.

"What was that?"

Kenzi settled on his lap, kissed his mandible and watched the gauntlets image appear on the big screen, "me-time" was nice, but being around him was just that little bit more pleasant.

"There was a familiar smell in the building, but I can't place it, so I went looking for any kind of personal belongings and came across a worn out gauntlet. I hope there is still DNA on it and that the computer can tell us something about the owner..."