Chapter 4

When Jimmy turned up to the photoshoot, he was the first one there. He was waiting around in the hotel lobby. The photographer hadn't even turned up yet. He began to feel awkward as it had already been 10 minutes. Am I early?  He looked again at the message that he had written. Unless I wrote this wrong, I've got the time correct. 

He had begun to pace nervously when he Jonesy turned up. "You alright, mate?" He looked at Jimmy, who was practically chewing his fingers. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just didn't know if I'd gotten the right time." The two nodded. Jonesy had gotten used to Jimmy's odd ways. He was always doing something obsessively. Like toying with his hair when he was nervous or fixating on getting a riff just right. 

He picked up on these things. He doesn't know if the other guys saw this as well, but he could always tell when Jimmy was nervous. He had a "look at me and I will cry" attitude a lot of the time, while silently begging for attention. Most people saw him a mysterious being, but Jonesy could see right through him. He was an emotional and  insecure wreck. He could see this when Jimmy made a mistake at practice. He would look to everyone to see if they had reacted. He always locked eyes with the guitarist, giving him a reassuring glance. 

Bonzo joined the pair after a couple minutes. They caught up on what they'd been doing this last week apart. The two guys shared stories of their children. Jonesy had a young daughter, his first child. John had a son who was a couple years old. Jimmy had met them both a couple times, along with the wives of the men. It always confounded him how they had started families so young. 

Robert joined the three not long after, jogging up to them when he reached the lobby. He gave a smile before turning to Bonzo. They began talking about a new song he was writing. "I like that sweater." Jimmy said to Jonesy. "Thanks. I think it matches well with my trousers." He smiled wide. Jimmy nodded, taking note of the color scheme. "We're both wearing stripes." He commented, smiling at the match. 

Bonzo pointed to the car pulling up. This had to be the photographer. When Jimmy saw who stepped out of the car he almost fainted. The tall woman made her way to the men, smiling. Her camera hung around her neck. "Hi, I'm Gwen." She reached her hand out to shake everyone's hand. Robert was first. He smiled pleasantly and greeted her. The other two followed suit, making small talk. 

"Is that short for Gwenethen?" Bonzo joked. 

"Um, no, Guinevere. But that was close." Her laugh was the sound of angels, a thousand little chimes in his ears. 

For Jimmy, the world had stopped spinning. The tides had come to a halt and the wind ceased blowing. The sweltering Summer heat died completely. All he could feel was her. The light she emitted. When she looked to him, searching for a greeting, he could muster no words. He had finally found those familiar green eyes. She was so much more beautiful in actuality. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. This cannot be a dream. This time it was so much more real. He could feel it this time. She was real, and standing right in front of him. And waiting for you to shake her hand like a normal person! Come on, just say hello so she doesn't think you're daft!

He jerked his hand forward, meeting hers. Electricity shot up his arm, down into his spine, and into his feet. He was immediately warmed. Like drinking a healing potion. She was everything to him. She was Hecate, the mother of the earth and all things on it. A smile brushed her face at his awkward actions. His cheeks became hot and red. He realized he was still holding her hand, dropping it at once. She laughed, grabbing her camera. "Ready to start?" 

Jimmy was planted where he stood. He could live in this moment forever. When his feet refused to move, he again just laughed. He was becoming increasingly aware of his awkwardness. He wasn't like this. He was calm and collected when around women. But she was obviously different. This was the literal woman of his dreams. He felt like a young boy again. He felt how he did the first time he saw her. He was once again virginal and obtuse.