Chapter 6 Part 2

Jimmy opened his eyes to see the sun had already risen. He didn't even remember falling asleep. He rolled over and sat up realizing Gwen wasn't in bed. He stood up, bumping his guitar. He gasped a little and picked it up. It needed to be moved to its new home! He made his way down the stairs and trailed into the music room. When the door gave way he was hit with the energy that filled the room. It was warm and inviting. He could feel his creative juices flowing already. Without a second thought he closed the door and sat on the couch.

It had been half an hour that Gwen was making breakfast. Halfway through she could hear sounds coming from the music room. Inspiration must have struck early. She sat the plates down and went to retrieve him. She knocked on the door but got no response. She took it as an invitation to push the door open. He had his back turned and was writing something. He was wearing his guitar, the new acoustic. She knocked louder to get his attention. He still didn't turn around. She rolled her eyes and walked up behind him. "I can hear you." He said, not moving from what he was doing. 

"Breakfast is ready. I'll kick your ass if it gets cold." She pressed a kiss to the top of his head and went back to the kitchen.

She was eating alone for a good ten minutes. She sighed heavily and leaned back. He's not coming to eat with me today. She stood from the table and grabbed his plate and cup. She went back to the music room. He was standing in the same spot but was playing now. She put his plate on the table next to the window. "I'm going to leave this here. I'll be waiting for you." She sat the cup down as well and made her way to the door. She lingered by the door for a moment to hear what he was playing. It was a song from their second album but it was played acoustic. It sounded beautiful and haunting. She smiled to herself before going back to the kitchen. She also had to clean up on her own.

He had been in the music room for two hours. She could hear when he would stop and when he would begin playing again. It sounded very pretty so she didn't mind him being gone. Even though he wasn't in the room with her, she could feel that he was still there. She had been doing some reading of a manuscript she found on his bedside table. It was about doing large energy spells. It was a means to get what you wanted. Whether that be luck, romance, or wealth.

For the first time since she'd been there she heard the phone ring. She smiled to herself when she didn't hear a disruption in the music room. There is not chance in hell that he's going to get that. It's actually very funny the way he drops everything. He is dead to the world in that room.

"Hello?" On the other end of the line there was a man with a deep British accent. "Ah, you don't sound like Jimmy." It's Robert!

"No, this is Gwen. It seems inspiration has struck. He's been in the music room all morning." She smiled, picking at the coil of the phone chord. 

"Hello, Gwen. It's been a few weeks since I saw you last. Are you there to photograph Jimmy?" She pursed her lips in quiet embarrassment. "You could say that." 

He gave a knowing laugh. "Well I was calling because we're supposed to have rehearsal today. Usually he calls. Just remind him, would you? We're set to be there in an hour." His voice was sweet and charming just as she remembered. 

"I will do that."

She slapped a hand to her forehead after she got off the line in embarrassment. She went back to the music room and pushed the door open. He was sitting on the couch with his guitar sitting in his lap. He was writing chords down on top of it. "Robert called. You're supposed to have rehearsal in an hour." He didn't acknowledge her or her words. Anger burned hot in her ears for a moment. She sighed heavily and kicked his leg a little to get his attention. "What?" He looked up at her, matching her energy. Her eyebrows raised in surprise.