Chapter 18 Part 3

Dear Juniper,

How can I describe the last three days? I can't really... They have been so amazing... Oh, okay, I'll just tell you. After we split the other night I went to the club that Sable said Zeppelin would be at and I met Robert Plant.

I get so lost in those beautiful eyes, wet and wild with azure fire. I would take anything from him, a plaster touch or a fleeting meeting of lips. I only wished to touch him, to have him for the night. I didn't care what came after.

"Won't you join me upstairs?" He asked in his sonorous and deep voice.

And that accent! It makes my knees wobble. Yes, oh yes, I would follow you into the pits of hell if it meant you would touch me!

"Sure," I played it cool. I was the cubes of ice in his glass, clinking against the crystal glass and watering down his whiskey. I was wet watercolor begging to be smudged. I wanted his artist hands to taint me in any way he saw fit. Any addition his mastermind made would add value to the canvas of my body.

He extended his hand and allowed me to hold it in mine and lead me to the elevator. We left the drab hotel lobby behind and got into the tin tube. We waited for minutes on end, hearing the whir of gears in bated breath. He didn't ravage me there like I thought he would. He was restrained, by all accounts a gentleman.

I was over the moon, tickled pink, even! I was going to Join Robert Plant in his hotel room. I couldn't believe it!

When we finally got to his room (which felt like a million years) he again showed his chivalrous nature. He asked if I wanted anything to drink, anything to smoke. I said no to both. I just wanted him. I wanted to skip it all.

So I made sure he knew it. I stepped up to the bed where he sat and put my hand on his thigh. "Is this okay?" I asked, locking eyes with him. Carnal. Sinful. He was starting to get hard already.

"It's more than okay, Darling," he said, refusing to break contact. Eyes and hands were close now, closer yet as he pulled me into his lap. I yelped, shocked by his strength but of course, turned on.

I put my lips on his at once, a muted moan pouring from my mouth into his like a flow of lusty liquid.

"This is going to be a wonderful time," he tittered, now putting me on my back.

Oh, Juniper, it was amazing! He was so good. He's such a good guy. He's so charming. It might be too early... but I fear that I may be in love again. Don't expect me back anytime soon. I agreed to join him on tour.

I know I skipped on rent this month, and I'm sorry. Maybe you can talk to Lavender and get it sorted out. Please don't be upset with me. I think that I have finally found the one, found my happiness.

With love,

Lorelei Scanton

-

Dear Lorelei,

Wow! Robert Plant! I can't believe it. Well, I can believe it. You were always our blonde bombshell. It's no surprise that he picked you.

It's okay that you missed rent this month. And now the months after. Sable said that if you went to see Zeppelin that you wouldn't come back. And I knew she was right. If not for Robert, for another.

I am happy for you. I just don't want you to get into something like what happened with David. Make sure he knows your heart is sensitive. That you're sensitive.

I'll miss you bunches. I mean... you were such an integral part of the scene. I didn't wanna tell you this, but Ritchie said he misses you. He told Regina and Thomas, who told Pearl, who told Lilac, who told me. I didn't say anything while you were still here because I thought it would make you stay. Town is gonna suck without you, but you've got to find your happiness.

Ritchie was an asshole, and David didn't know what he had. Now you have Robert, who I've heard treats his women amazingly. Just don't get too attached, okay? Please come back to us in one piece. Zeppelin can get crazy.

Your friend,

Juniper Lane

Dear June,

I know it's scary. I am scared. After what happened with David I thought I was never going to do this again. I promised myself I wouldn't. I was going to lock my heart away in a cage. I looked myself in the face and promised myself that I wouldn't ever go through what David put me through.

I know I am so stupid. He probably has a girlfriend back home, or a wife, maybe even children. David had a girlfriend and kept me like a dirty secret. I know you know how that feels. I know Ginger broke your heart the same way. But with David... I really fell. I thought he loved me. He fooled me. He never meant a moment of it.

But could you blame me? Who brings someone to Paris if they don't mean it??? He was so perfect. He spoke French to me. He told me how beautiful I was in multiple languages. How could I not fall in love with that?

I remember one night we were in the hotel and he told me "if I could eat anything I would eat you out" in French. That would make anyone swoon! I still can't believe I don't have him. I think there will always be a part of me that misses him. It's pathetic and moronic, but it's true.

He wasn't my first love, but he captured me in a vulnerable time. He hooked me for such a short time, but it'll always be crystalized as an important time in my mind. After the devastation of Steven, I didn't think I'd ever love again. And then again after David. I guess this is just what happens. You get hurt and you move on. You have to dust yourself off and get over it.

So now I get to spend a few months with Robert Plant. And who knows what will happen? Maybe he'll take me back home and this time... it'll work. Maybe this time it'll be real. Probably not, but doesn't that sound so nice?

How are you? How's the house? I look forward to you telling me. I know this letter will take forever to get back home. Well, maybe a few days. But not as quick as a phone call. But I don't want to take the phone from any of the guys calling home.

This scene is crazy. Everyone... and I mean everyone, is always partying. Even the roadies are getting head in the clubs! Jimmy is really broken up about this girl he has back home. I guess they were pretty serious before he came out here. Robert said he hasn't slept with anyone else this tour. I'm shocked! This Gwen girl must be pretty serious. Must be pretty special. She's so lucky.

Tell Lavender she can keep whatever she borrowed from me. I know she has my black platforms. I won't be home and she'll take them with her anyway. I must kiss them goodbye!

Love,

Lorelei Scanton

-

Dear Lor,

I'm happy that you're opening yourself up again. But this does seem really scary. You know he has a wife. You know he's not going to take you home. You know he's no good. He's a rockstar. No matter what you think about him, he's only going to hurt you. You know where this road leads.

I know that you were really fucked up after Steven. I mean, fuck, who wouldn't be? Especially since this whole war isn't over. They're really dragging it on.

I don't think you're stupid, I think you're lonely and lost. We all are. All of the girls are lost. Lavender, Lilly, Vickie, Lexi, Diamond, me, you... we're all just looking for something. But these men are not it. They're just filling the void. I don't know what your void is. Maybe it's Steven. Maybe it's your dad. But you need to fill it with something good if you want to stop being hurt.

I'm sorry if that's harsh, but it's the truth.

I'm good. The house is shitty, as always. Lavender and Sarah moved in. Lavender took your room and Sarah took Trixie's old room in the basement. I think Vickie wanted your room and now she's bitter. But she pissed me off last week so I don't care.

She keeps leaving her fucking dishes in the sink! We all know the policy. And she's just disregarding it. It's not fair.

It's okay that the letters take a while to get here. I like the letters. It reminds me of sending postcards to my nana when I was a kid. Gives me something to look forward to.

I love you and I hope you stay safe.

Sincerely,

Juniper Lane