Chapter 24

"You're going to another Sabbath show?" Jimmy asked. 

"Yes! And this time it's by myself. I get to make my own contacts and build connections."  

He sighed. His brows weaved together in worry. "Why can't you just stay here with us?"

"I know you're nervous about me going off on my own," she rested her hand on his shoulder, lithe and warm, "but it's going to be okay. I'm going to be okay." 

"You promise?" He stuck his pinky out and waited for her to do the same. 

She hooked her pinky around his with a smile. "I promise." She then stood to get dressed, going to her suitcase as Jimmy started up again. 

"But why can't you go when we don't have a show? Why must you leave us? You're our best girl." 

"Lorelei will just have to suffice tonight. William is really proud of me that I landed Sabbath. They're new and already generating a lot of buzz. If we can catch them on the front side and have the photos in a couple of months everyone will want to work with the company, and me by extension. This is important." 

He sighed again, looking her over. She was undressed from the waist down, which didn't help his growing anxiety about her going out. He was already jealous, conjuring images in his mind of horny men and her inability to say no. "I suppose I understand." 

"You better suppose. This is good for my career. How would you feel if I bellyached about you making an album? Or going on tour." 

"I see your point, darling. Just promise me you won't go off and shag some man in the club toilets." 

"Well, the night is still young. I can't make any promises," she joked with a shrug. 

"Come here you cheeky bint!" He grabbed her waist and pulled her onto the bed. She let out a squeal that was heard by Lorelei and Robert in the next room over. As he tickled her she only grew louder, causing the blond couple to make assumptions about their actions. 

-

"What in the bloody hell are they up to over there?" Robert pressed his ear to the wall, waiting in silence to hear another sharp sound. 

Lorelei scoffed. "You are so weird. You're intruding on them, y'know? How would you feel if they did that to you?" 

"I bet Jimmy does, the ole chap. He's always been a little too fond of my hair," he mused, fluffing his flaxen curls. 

Lorelei giggled. "You have such a big head." 

"You think?" He said with wide eyes. 

-

"Will you wear my bracelet?" Jimmy asked, holding tightly onto her wrist. He didn't want to let her go. 

She laughed at him. He was acting like a child. "Why do you want me to?" 

"Just to give you something to remember me by." 

"Remember you? I'm going to a club, not Afghanistan." 

He looked at her with a pained expression. "Fine," she sighed. He slipped the bracelet on her wrist with a smile. 

-

The club was crowded and hot, packed to the brim with a slew of already too-drunk people. This club was larger than the one in L.A.; every seat was full. Luckily, she would be standing the whole show.

As the lights dimmed a wave of people cheered, roaring before the music even started. They were insatiable. She could understand why having felt the driving force of their music last week. The chemistry of the four was undeniable and produced something magical.