Chapter 7

Jimmy was the first to wake the next day. Sun shone through the window into his eyes. He didn't even remember falling asleep after rehearsal. He was on the couch and he could tell, his back was stiff and his neck hurt. He looked down at Gwen who was still fast asleep. She was angelic, lying next to his coffee table. I might as well be a dear and make her breakfast today.

He was quiet as a mouse while cooking. He wanted to surprise her with breakfast in bed. Well, breakfast on the floor. He smiled to himself as he looked at the plated food. She's going to love this.

He brought a tray into the living room and sat it on the coffee table. He meticulously laid out their plates, cups, and silverware. And to top it off he grabbed a carnation from a vase in the hall. He felt quite proud as admired his handiwork. It looked beautiful.

He crouched down to meet her height. He leaned over her and started petting her hair. He started by moving the wisps of hair that had fallen into her eyes. She stirred slightly but laid back on the floor, her eyes still closed. He giggled to himself and continued trying to wake her. "Love, you've got to get up." He said softly and gently. She groaned and rolled over to face him. Finally, she opened her eyes, meeting the gaze of his swampy lakes of green.

She smiled as she admired his soft features. "Good morning. I've made you breakfast!" He was showing a proud smile. She sat crisscrossed at the coffee table, "You even got me a little flower. How sweet." She picked up the white flower and rubbed the bud against his nose, coaxing a laugh from him.

She sat next to him in silence as she devoured her plate. He took his time, looking at her as she ate. A smile worked its way onto his face as he looked at her. He enjoyed making her food because he was literally supplying her energy. He felt the same way about playing her music. He provided a warmth in her bones, like a gentle fire to keep the house cozy. He was the beginning of her day in a literal sense. He prepared food for her to begin her rituals for the day. He was in her magic.

"Thank you for that. I was ravenous from the moment I woke up."

He smiled at her then opened his mouth, "Patricia is having a little party tomorrow. I was wondering if you wanted to come with me? You could be my date." His hands found their way to her knees, gripping her soft skin.

"I'd love to. But who is Patricia and who's going to be at the party?"

Jimmy sent her a small laugh. "Patricia is Bonzo's wife. The guys and their women will be there. Maybe a few other friends. I'm not entirely sure."

-

The next morning Jimmy was again the first to wake. He looked at Gwen's sweet, sleeping face. Her lips were pushed together in a rested yet pensive way. Her eyes moved under closed lids, her eyelashes going along with them. He pressed a gentle kiss to her cheek. When this didn't wake her he began an attack of kisses.

She woke with a giggle at the feeling of his lips on her neck. "Good morning." He spoke softly. She wore a smile as she looked up at him, admiring his angelic face.

"Are you hungry? I can make you something to eat." He asked.

"I'd like to make it together," She traced soft shapes on his bare thigh, "I want to soak up as much of you as I can before you leave." A soft pout was drawn on her lips. He's leaving and there's nothing I can do to make him stay.

"Don't look so sad, love. I will be back before you know it." He placed his fingers under her chin and pushed her head up to meet his gaze. "I promise." He leaned in and kissed her lips gently. "And we'll spend all day together, basking in the quiet glory of our love." He whispered.