Chapter 29

"Hey, Willie, it's Gwen."

"Hello, Gwen, how are you doing on this fine Tuesday?"

I sighed. "I'm fine. But I have to tell you, I don't have all the shots you asked for."

"Why not?"

"I wasn't feeling well so I skipped a couple of shows. I'll need another week on the deadline."

"Okay, well I'll do what I can. But you know that's going to delay the people buying, right? We need sales to go up. If sales don't go up, then I have to cut you."

"Cut me? I thought everything was running smoothly."

"It is, in a way. But in another way, it's not. I stuck my neck out for you. I've been busting my rump to make sure I get your work out there. Let me tell you, these guys are no joke. They want a hard sell."

"Is there anything I can do in the meantime? We have a break in shows after today."

"Just get me your Black Sabbath photos as soon as possible."

"You got it, boss!"

He let out an awkward clearing of the throat, "I'll see you on the 21st. Don't be late."

"I won't. Love ya, Will." I hung up the receiver and pushed my back against the wall next to it. A heavy sigh escaped my lungs. So much to do and so little time to do it.

I collected my things and headed down the hall to Bonzo's room. When I reached room 207 I gave the door a harsh banging. "Detroit police, open up!" I kept banging until the door gave way to the man. His pants were unzipped, an unbuttoned shirt hanging off his frame.

"What in the fuck are you doing? You scared me half to death!"

"Tiff in there? I need to talk to her." I pushed past Bonzo, making my way into the room. I looked around for her but to no avail.

"She's in the shower. What do you want?"

"I need to talk to her."

"I thought you were here for us," He stepped in front of the bathroom door and lowered his voice, "you agreed to keep her out of the papers for me. I don't want this to get back to Pat."

"Keep your panties on, Johnny. We agreed to play cards today. I need some real women to hang out with. Even with your beautiful locks, you're not pretty enough." I pulled at his damp hair and gave him a cheeky smile. "Plus, your boobs are too small."

"Like you've got any room to talk."

"They were big enough for your mom last night."

"Okay, okay, let's get off of Mothers. I just got off of yours!"

"You have no shame, huh?" I patted his shoulder and made for the door.

"I'm just giving back, love. It seems you're lacking as well. Given what I can see through that shotty cover-up job. Maybe get some Maybelline." My hand flew to my neck, covering the marks from Jimmy's attack last night.

"Fuck you." I slammed the door.

-

I caught up to Tiffany later that day. Her tawny skin was captivating even under the fluorescent lighting of my hotel room, the beams bouncing off her caramel features. The bridge of her nose was long, the aquiline shape bringing out her beauty.

"Where are you from, Tiffany?"

I made small talk as she dealt the cards. I didn't know much about her. Between shoots and fighting with Bonzo and Jimmy, I didn't have time to talk to her. There was also the immense guilt I felt every time I saw her. She made me nervous. Whenever she was around I felt like I was breaking out in hives. I wanted to tell Lorelei about her and Robert, I really did. I always chicken out. I was too afraid of causing more issues. I was scared of what would happen if I opened my mouth and said what I really wanted to. The guilt was eating me.

Capricorn Season - Jimmy PageOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara