Chapter 4: Balls

Robin

I wait frustratingly as August walks towards me.

Gosh, can he be any slower.

I tap my heel against the floor as he finally reaches me.

"I assume you know why I'm h-" I sniff the air at the disgusting stench that fills it. "What is that awful smell?"

I continue to sniff and he grins. Moving closer slowly, he lifts his arm and shoves his under pit in my face.

"Hmm, I don't know what that smell is, Robin." He says as I try to move away from his arm.

His under pit smells of sweat and musk. I back away, trying to not to gag. I push him and hit his arm and as I reach to hit him again, he tries to headlock me but I manage to knee his balls.

He groans and falls to the ground slowly. Holding his crotch as he rocks on the ground groaning. I smile and fix my hair, stepping in front of him.

"Fuck." He mumbles.

"You know, I can slightly tolerate being around you when you're like this. "

"Why the fuck are you here, Robin?" He grunts and tries to stand up but fails.

"I need to know Damien's whereabouts. I plan on getting this wedding done with perfection and efficiently. "

He finally stands up and frowns, "I don't understand how you're friend is so nice and you're... you."

I fold my arms, "It's because of guys like you I'm the way I am. Marie hasn't seen just how awful this world and the people in it are. If marrying Damien will help it stay like that, then I will do everything in my power to make it happen."

He stays silent for a while before replying, "He went home early. I'll give you his address."

I hand him a piece of paper and pen and he writes Damien's address. I place it back in my bag and begin walking away.

"Come on." I say

I hear him follow behind. "Wait where? I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Oh believe me, I wouldn't dream of it. You're going to Marie's job."

"For what?" He shouts as we walk to the door.

"To ask her questions about the wedding, obviously."

"Why the hell can't you?"

We make it outside and I don't face him, "I got kicked out of the hospital she works at." I mumble.

His mouth goes agape, and he tries to look at me, but I only stare at my car.

"You got kicked out of a hospital? How the hell do you even manage to do that?"

"It's a long story that happens to be none of your business alright." I reach in my bag for the printed form and hand it to him. He inspects it as I speak. "Just ask her these questions. She needs to think them out because they will affect the wedding. Focus on her body language when you ask a question. For example, if you ask her question six, 'What's your least favorite thing about your partner?' watch how she reacts. If she has to think too long about it, it's not the right answer. Got it?"

"Why not just give her the form to fill out herself?"

"Are you an idiot? Then she'll just put down whatever information she thinks will help me instead of the truth. Besides, I run this show, don't ask questions. Just stay in your lane and let me work my magic." I reply walking to my car. He follows behind.

"Yes, slay queen! Hashtag, work your magic, Hun!" He replies in a mock girl voice sarcastically.

I face him and see him leaning against his car, proud of his remark.

"I genuinely don't understand how a woman could lower her standards that much to sleep with you."

"When's the last time you had sex, Robin?" He asks, and my mind goes blank.

When I don't immediately answer, he continues, "How long has it been since you've kissed someone? Or even felt the touch of a man?"

Eighteen months

He grins and steps infront of me. Rubbing his thumb on my lip, he says, "Can't hate from outside of the club when you can't even get in, sweetheart."

I roll my eyes and move his thumb away aggressively. I get in the car angrily and pull the window down as he stands in front of it with a smirk.

"Suck my dick." I say and start the car.

"You don't even have one."

"Suck. It." I reply before driving off.

Stupid jerk stole Chris Brown's lyrics.

~~~

I knock on Damien's door and check the peephole, tapping my heel against the step repeatedly.

He opens the door with a smile shortly after, "Robin, come on in!"

I half smile and step inside. I stop in my tracks as I am about to sit on his sofa but see a pair of Marie's shoes.

"Marie lives here?"

"Yeah."

"Since when?"

"Um, I think about four months ago. Is there a problem?"

Of course not. My best friend moved across the city and didn't bother telling me. Why would that be a problem?

"No. No, it's not." Damien looks at me in confusion, and I clear my throat. Sitting on the sofa he sits across from me as I get into work mode.

Taking the questions out along with my laptop, I begin, "Damien, I am going to ask you a few simple questions. These will help with the wedding, alright? So whatever I ask, please do not take it personally as it is a part of my job."

"Got it."

"Awesome. Beginning with the first question, what's one thing about your partner, Marie, that she is adamite talking about?"

I watch his body language. He smiles and answers quickly.

"You and why there should be cars for turtles. "

Off to a good start, I see.

I type his answer down and move on to question two. From then on Damien answers all the questions honestly and gives me enough detail to get started on the designing part of the wedding.

Soon I leave and make my way to my office. Kelly collects the form from August when he is done and gives it to me. By the end of the day, I have come to a conclusion that Marie and Damien were a whimsical couple. Their wedding will be one full of bright splashes of color and quirky as they were both so giddy and optimistic. I could incorporate design elements like multicolored balloons, streamers, punchy floral arrangements and mismatched chairs.

Their wedding was definitely something I'm not used to, but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

"Night boss!" Kelly yells walking past my office and I jerk up from laying on my desk.

"Night." I mumble and my eyes fall closed. Before I can help it, I doze off on the desk.