Chapter 21: Beauty & the Beast

Robin

"Shit." I groan as I stand up, my cramps deciding to torture me.

I grab the remote from the table quickly and sit back on the sofa. There is a knock on the door almost as soon as I wrap the blanket around my body.

I shake my head, refusing to answer the door. "If you don't have a key, that means you probably shouldn't be here!" I yell, clicking my favorite movie.

The knocking silences and my door opens. I turn around and roll my eyes, seeing August.

"How the hell did you get a key?"

He walks closer and squints his eyes at my head. A frown forms on his face. "Are you wearing a hoodie?"

I match his frown and touch my head, remembering the hoodie I was wearing. I drop the blanket and stand up. "Yes, it's a jumpsuit."

"That's new. I've never seen you in anything other than pantsuits and skirts."

My eyes water. "You don't like it?"

He steps forward and his frown grows. "Are you about to fucking cry?"

I hit my leg and shake my head. "So you don't like it."

I sit back down on the sofa and he sits next to me. "What? No. I like it. I love it. It looks hot on you. Fuck, Robin, I don't know what to say."

I roll my eyes and cross my arms. "Just leave me alone. You know nothing about women, you pathetic excuse of a man."

"What the f-"

"Why are you here, anyway?"

"I'm always h-"

"We're not having sex. The dragon is breathing her fire."

He leans forward, "What?"

"The monkey has a nosebleed."

"Huh?"

"Are you an idiot?"

He stares at me for a moment, genuinely trying to figure out what I'm saying. After about thirty seconds, his eyes widen and he points to me. "Oh! You're on your lady thing!"

I roll my eyes and wrap the blanket around me. He stands up and paces in front of the television as if I have just told him life changing news. He stops and shoves his hands into his pockets. August opens his mouth to say something but quickly closes it.

I frown in curiosity. "What were you going to say?"

"That's why you're acting so weird, right? Because hormones and stuff, right?"

"What?"

"I promise I was not trying to be a dick when I said that."

I open my mouth to respond, but close it and let my head hit the middle of the sofa, feeling as though someone is digging out my insides with a drill. My head pounds as I wait for the pain to stop, but it only increases.

"So right now, you're cramping r-"

"Oh my goodness, get out!" I say, covering my head with the blanket.

I hear him begin walking away. "I'm taking my key." He replies before shutting the door.

I inhale and exhale deep breaths, waiting for the pain to leave. After some minutes pass, the pain dies down finally. My eyes droopy and body tired, I decide to stay where I am. I doze off for about ten minutes before the door springs open, making me jerk up.

August strides in with multiple bags and a look of determination. "I thought I told you to leave, A-"

"I didn't know what size you were, so I got 'em all."