Chapter 35: I'm Fine

Robin

Sex.

So much sex.

August and I have been having so much of it, I can hardly feel my legs anymore. I'm not complaining about it. I love it. But I know something is wrong. I can feel it.

I wouldn't call myself psychic—although I'm pretty close to it—but I can always tell when something is wrong with someone.

The first three weeks after leaving the hospital and moving in with August were a total catastrophe. Some of my belongings got mixed up with another person during the moving process. My sister needs a place to stay, and not to mention the whole shooting situation.

Somehow, my face ended up on the news with a headline titled:

"August Foreman's girlfriend has been reportedly shot. Suspect is identified to be Henry Milton."

While I was flattered to be on television, August wasn't. He ranted about having no privacy as he paced in front of the dining room table. A day later, he went to his coach about it. When I checked the internet that night, all the pictures of me were removed.

For the rest of my time healing, we were normal. But as soon as I told August the doctor said I was healed, he had his way with me. And for the last two weeks, we've been going at it non-stop.

Completely exhausted, I shake my head as August prepares to ram back inside of me. "August." I manage to breathe out, panting heavily.

He removes my breast from his mouth and he meets my gaze slowly. He stares at me with hooded eyes that make me shiver.

"Yeah?" He says deeply. Lust remains in his eyes.

I hold his face in my hands and stare at him worriedly. "What's wrong?"

August gets out of my hold and dips his head back down. He begins kissing my neck and ear. "Nothing." He grumbles against my skin.

Despite the wave of pleasure that washes over me, I place my hands on his chest and push him back a bit. "Something is wrong. We've been going at it like rabbits for two weeks. I love it, but I physically cannot take so much of it."

He frowns. "What's wrong with taking care of my girl?"

"August." I bring my hold back to his face. "Is it about the miscarriage?"

He doesn't answer, only looks away. I touch his cheek with my thumb. "Are you trying to get me-"

His phone rings. It fucking rings at a time like this and, of course, that's when he decides to answer it. It had rung about ten times since we started this morning and up until now, he wasn't bothered by it.

August sighs and kisses my cheek before getting off of the bed. I cover myself with the sheet as he starts to put his clothes on. He answers the phone, making me sit up in curiosity.

"What's up?" He says.

I am not able to hear what the person replies, but whatever they say makes him turn to me. I frown. 'Who is it?' I mouth to him.

He places his hand over the phone. "Coach. He wants to know if we'll make it to his birthday party tonight." He whispers.

"It's his birthday?"

"Yeah, but I'm not going if you don't want to."

August returns to the phone as I pick up my phone from the nightstand. I check my calendar and see I am free tonight. I nod to him and he smiles. He tells his coach will be there and ends the call.