Epilogue

° Three Years Later °

Robin

Shortly after August proposed, Isabella arrived during dinner with his mother. August smiled harder than he ever had before when he held her in his arms. He's been obsessed with her ever since.

After months of planning—which August thankfully let me plan most of—we got married on a beautiful island. We still have yet to go on our honeymoon due to our schedules. August's career has skyrocketed so much we nearly travel every three months. Despite how often he has to leave, he always manages to make it home to us. Every day, I fall more in love with him.

We still bicker, fight, and insult each other on a daily basis. I don't believe that will ever change. That's just us.

Isabella stands in front of August as he sips his coffee. They have just finished playing with her Barbies—something August can never seem to resist just because she pouts. He is such a sucker for her.

"Daddy, what happens if I get a boyfriend?"

August nearly chokes on his drink. I cover my mouth to prevent the laugh that wants to escape badly. He sets the cup on the table and leans forward, his expression turning into one of anger.

"Repeat that for me, princess."

She moves a strand of her curly hair to the side and smiles. "What happens if I get a boyfriend?"

August nods and sets her on his right leg. He glances at me, a look that raises the heat from my stomach up to my chest. I gulp.

He brings his attention back to Bella and pushes a strand of hair behind her ear. He kisses her forehead. "Then daddy is going to have to kill him."

I gasp. Not shocked that he would say it, but to Bella. "August!"

Bella frowns. "What happens if he kisses me?"

Shit.

His jaw tightens, and he lifts his head. August stares at me with the biggest glare I have ever seen. He doesn't blink. Doesn't do or say anything. He only stares at me for what feels like hours.

When Bella taps his arm again, he finally blinks. August places her on the ground and stands up. I stand up as well, holding my hands up in defense.

"Robin." He deadpans.

I back up slowly as he starts to walk forward. "Bella."

"Yes, mommy?"

"Run."

Bella listens immediately. She screams as she runs out of the living room. I follow her lead and manage to make it to our bedroom before August wraps his arms around from behind and lifts me up.

I laugh hysterically, kicking my feet. "August, put me down!"

He doesn't set me down until we get to one of our walls. August turns me around and takes both of my hands in his hand. He holds it up against the door as he dips his head.

"Gorgeous." He says, running his mouth down my neck. I shiver.

"Hmm?"

"Why the fuck is my three-year-old daughter talking about having a boyfriend?"

He leans back up and his eyes meet mine. I stand on my tippy toes to try to release my hands. It doesn't work at all.

"Jennifer and Kelly might have been talking to me about stuff like that while she was around. I scolded them for it afterwards. Besides, it was two weeks ago. I thought she forgot!"