Chapter 40: Finally

August

The door bursts open, revealing an infuriated Robin. I slip the ring box in my pants pocket quickly and lean back in my seat on the sofa. I try to appear nonchalant as if I wasn't giving myself a pep talk a few seconds ago.

"Hey—"

"I hate you." She says. She strides to me and folds her arms as she stands in front of me.

I glance at her belly bump before my eyes trail down her figure. A red, flower decorated sundress covers her body. She wears a pair of white converse to match it.

"What did I do?"

She scoffs. "Oh, I'll tell you what you did."

I loosen the strings to my sweatpants. "Tell me, gorgeous."

She stares at me for a moment before gulping and clearing her throat. "What gave you the right to tell your mother I wanted to spend the day with her? Do you have any idea of how furious I am with you?"

I bite back my smile as she continues. "She wouldn't allow me to eat jelly! You know how much I love Jelly, August. I could have happily stayed in my office as I ate my jelly. But no, you just had to go and tell your mother how much I adore her! Now I do love her but who are you to tell her—" Her glare grows. "Are you even listening?"

We remain in eye contact as I adjust myself, lifting my hips as I do so. Her eyes flicker to my crotch as I smile and fold my hands. "How long do I have to wait to take that dress off of you?"

Robin rolls her eyes. "You never listen to me." She mutters. I stand up as she shakes her head. "I'm expressing my feelings about how I feel towards—"

"Shut up." I hold her face in my hands and bring my lips against hers softly. I start off slow in a teasing manner. Then I gradually deepen the kiss. After a whimper leaves her lips, she backs away.

"No. You can't just ignore—"

"I listen to everything you say or do, Robin. Every laugh, every scream, every cough or sneeze, everything. "

Her eyes go wide and that beautiful smile appears on her face. The smile that could calm me within an instant. The smile that had me laughing and cheesing just at the thought of seeing Robin every day after practice. The smile that is making me more nervous than I've ever been to do what I'm about to do tonight.

"Really?"

"You're the love of my life and mother of my unborn child. So yeah, I watch you like a fucking hawk." I push a strand of hair behind her ear. "Now back to my original question; How long do I have to wait to take that dress off of you, Robin?"

"Take it off." She says after a moment.

I glance at her for reassurance and she nods. As soon my hand connects against her hips, the front door swings open.

"Oh, come on, get a room!" I hear Richy say. I turn around in frustration as Robin exhales a deep breath.

"This is our fucking—"

"Quiet, August. I need to speak to my girlfriend." He says, shutting the door behind him.

I stride towards him. "I'm gonna kick your ass Richy."

Robin and Richy laugh as I approach him. He holds his hands up in mock surrender. "Bro, I'm joking. Calm down!"

I stare at him for a moment longer before turning back around. She has disappeared off to another room. I glance back once more. Seeing the coast is clear, I remove the ring box out of my pocket and signal for Richy to come closer.