Chapter 13: Just The Alcohol

August

We step into the club, and I wait for my eyes to adjust to the shining lights. While Robin, Marie and Damien all wear a perplexed expression, I smile happily. This was practically home for me.

The party-playboy label Robin placed on me was true. There were two things I loved doing most in this world. Playing basketball and having fun.

I didn't drink much, not wanting to affect my career. Only casually, and since tonight was our last night on vacation, I figured I would drink a beer or two.

Marie and Damien finally loosen up. They give us a short goodbye before wandering off to the dance floor. Robin rolls her eyes and begins walking to the bar. I spot a tall redhead woman and grin.

Well, let the party begin

I salute Robin and she flips me off as I walk away. The redhead woman steps on the dance floor and I stand a few feet away. Adjusting my shirt, I glance at her and see she's already staring at me. With that, I move Infront of her and she blushes.

"And what might your name be, pretty lady?"

She blushes deeply and I smile to myself, knowing this isn't going to take long. "Monica." She replies and I frown.

"Really? I could have sworn your name was mine."

She giggles and I wrap my arm around her shoulder, leading her to a booth. "Why don't we get to know each other, darling?"

"Okay." she whispers.

We take a seat and she blushes as I move closer. "So tell me about yourself, Linda, w-"

"Monica."

"Tell me about yourself, Monica. What do you do for a living?"

She smiles and I gasp, seeing just how yellow her teeth are. She frowns, "What? What happened?"

I wave a dismissive hand and try to convince myself she just forgot to brush her teeth for a week or two. "Nothing, continue."

She smiles and I look away. When she begins talking, I notice her breath matches her teeth. I cover my mouth and fake a smile as she continues talking.

Nothing you can't handle.

For the next thirty minutes, the woman talks to me about her job as a mechanic, her three kids and when she begins talking about her cat, I just can't do it anymore.

I stand up and shake her hand, "It was nice meeting you but I have to go."

I stride away before she has time to reply and breathe a sigh of relief when I spot Robin still sitting where she was. I take a seat next to her as she doesn't look up from her phone.

"You haven't gotten up at all, have you?"

She jumps slightly at my sudden appearance. When she registers my question, she returns to her phone, "Yes I have."

I look at her in confusion, knowing that's not true, and she rolls her eyes, "Okay, it was to use the bathroom, but that's none of your concern, anyway."

I laugh and move closer. "Let's play a game. "

"Why the hell would I want to play a game with you, August?"

"Just do something fun for once in your life, Davis."

She groans and puts her phone away, facing me with a scowl. "Fine."

I smile. "Awesome. Can I get two glasses of rum, please?" I ask the bartender, and he returns a minute later. "We each make a bet on who we can pull."

Robin accepts the drink as I take a sip of mine. "Continue." She says, and I know I have her intrigued.

"For example, you point out a woman and we bet on it to see if I can get her number. If I do, then it's you taking a shot and it's my turn."

"So basically tinder in real life. "

"You use tinder?"

She looks away, "No." Robin mumbles and I laugh.

I shotgun the rum and hold my hand out, "Deal?"

She stares at my hand for a moment before rolling her eyes and shaking it. "Deal."

She points to three blonde women who appear to be sisters and I smile, knowing this is going to be easy. I get up and approach them. After a bit of flirting, I manage to get all of their numbers and walk back to Robin with my middle finger up.

She rolls her eyes again and drinks three glasses of rum. Next is my turn. I point to an old man, and two other guys that are twerking on each other.

She's not going to get one.

She wanders off and after ten minutes, I order more drinks. Just as they arrive, Robin stumbles back to her chair, holding four pieces of paper.

She sits down with a wide smile, "Eat ass, Foreman!"

"How did you do that?"

She grins, "Well, with a little flattery and boobs like this, you can get whatever you like." She replies and I glance at her boobs.

From the way she slurs her words and changes in attitude, I know she is drunk. With at least two more drinks, I would be too. Which meant Damien and Marie needed to get here soon.

She points a finger at me as I lean on the bar counter, "Drink up, loser. I won!"

I groan and shotgun the drinks quickly. A headache begins to form and I roll my eyes. Looking at Robin, I watch as she moves her hair out of her face and start to look at her differently. Maybe it was just the alcohol but I didn't realize how hot she was.

I sit up. "You're a very attractive woman, Robin. It's a shame you had to go on and make me hate you before we even fucked."

She scoffs, "I don't sleep with guys like you, anyway."

"Why not? You think this is too much to handle?" I ask, referring to my body.

She takes a sip of her drink and smiles, "It's small, isn't it?"

I laugh, "Yeah, baby."

She takes another sip, "Don't call me that."

"I mean, I can pull it out right now and we can see if it's small, Robin." I reply, leaning forward. I move closer, moving a strand of hair behind her ear, "Maybe we can test out if it works too."

I stare at her lips as she gives me an unreadable expression. When I think she is about to go for it, she backs away. "I should get going." She says and gets off the chair.

I clear my throat and match her actions. Shoving my hands in my pocket, "Yeah, me too." I reply and we begin walking to the club door.

We take a taxi and sit quietly as the driver takes us back to the hotel. When we arrive, I pay him and we go inside. She still doesn't say a word as we enter the elevator. But as we walk to our room door, she stops and stares at me. I step closer, our lips inches apart.

"It's just the alcohol, right?" She whispers,

I wrap my arms around her waist and nod, "It's just the alcohol, baby."

She bites her lip, "Then kiss me."

I don't waste any time. I begin kissing her passionately, and she wraps her legs around my waist. A soft moan escapes her lips and I rush to open the door. I slip my tongue in and I finally open the door.

I set her on the bed as our kiss breaks. Breathing heavily, she begins removing her clothes and I follow her actions. I lean down and kiss her roughly before standing back up.

I make sure she is looking at me before speaking, "You sure you want this?"

She stares at me with the same unreadable expression as before. Her breathing growing heavier, she smiles.

"Yes."