Chapter 9 (Back To Work)

No one's pov

It had been a week since the adoption, Maddie had still been getting nightmares but unfortunately it wasn't all just about the Andersons, they weren't the only ones who had abused her in her life. The good thing is that Katie had supported her through it, she hated seeing her upset, all she wanted was for the girl to have a decent night sleep, Katie had pretty much had Maddie in bed with her every night.

It was now time for Katie and Maddie to go back to the set, the director had let them have some time off seeming as they needed it, Maddie had been off the longest but she was excited to be back on the set with the others after all, she got on with them all. She was a ray of sunshine, she always made people happy, anyone was lucky to have her in there life. Melissa had stopped by to give Katie and Maddie there scripts the other day so they could learn then.

Madeline's pov

"Maddie it's time to go, we don't want to be late" I heard Katie call out from downstairs, all I had to do was put on my shoes, seems easy right? Well it would be for someone who could do there laces, you see, Katie and some of the others on set had took me shopping earlier in the week, got me some new clothes and shoes, after all I did need them. Its just, I never told anyone about not being able to tie my laces.

In the past I had always had velcro, or I'd do the easiest trick in the book, never untie the laces once they were done, I'd just force the shoe off and back on everytime. Anyway, seeming as we needed to go I just pushed the laces into the sneaker then grabbed my backpack with my art book and pencils and ran down the stairs to Katie who was waiting by the front door and then we walked out and got into the car and yes, I sat in the front.

About five or 10 minutes into the drive Katie said "so, there is something I need to talk to you about", I looked at her curiously and asked "what is it?" she smiled and then answered "well, it's... you need to be getting an education Mads, so me and the director have sorted out a set teacher for you". I looked at her in confusion "a set teacher" she then smiled and replied "it's basically a teacher that comes to the set to do just that, teach you".

I then sighed and asked "do I have too though? why can't you do it?" Katie chuckled slightly and answered "I'm not a teacher Mads, I can't give you the education you need but this teacher can, you will be given a timetable, so you will know when it's time for school so to speak". I really didn't want to do this, I hadn't gone to school in so long, the stupid teacher would be able to tell too, then everyone on set would know.

My train of thought was interrupted though when Katie pulled up into the parking lot, she sighed and then looked at me and smiled "I don't want you to be worried about this Mads, every kid should have an education, plus if you don't do it then the director could be in serious trouble, it's the law, we can't break it, ok?". I frowned and nodded my head "ok" then we both got out of the car, I made sure to get my back pack and then we walked to where we would be filming.

"Hey kiddo, welcome back" Mehcad greeted as he saw me and Katie walk through, it captured the attention of some of the others, Melissa came running over and practically squeezed me as she picked me up into a hug "your squishing me" I said, too which Katie laughed and so did Melissa and then she put me down and smiled as she made eye contact with me. "Madeline, Katie, it's lovely to see you" we soon heard, we all turned round to see the director standing there smiling away.

"Good to be back" me and Katie both said in unison which made some of the others laugh including the director, but then he handed me a piece of paper. I looked at it and scoffed in annoyance, it was the timetable, I was due to meet the teacher in a couple of hours, great, I haven't even been given a day to process this. "What's up?" Melissa asked but then she grabbed the paper off me and saw and then she added to her question "oh, I see, don't worry though kid, I'm sure it'll be fine".

I frowned as I replied "yea" and then I walked off and sat down at the table and waited for my name to be called, once it was I did my performance perfectly, remembered all my lines, definitely wasn't a blooper for that part. "That was amazing Madeline " the director said as I walked off to go and sit back down, I made sure to thank him but then he stopped me in my tracks "wait, you have a costume in the dressing room, since your character will be doing some super duties, you will need it".

So I changed directions and walked to the dressing room, hadn't been there yet, my character didn't need a costume until now, I was always ok to act in my own clothes, but now my character 'Lor El' was using her powers for good. "Oh my god" I squeeled in excitement as I saw the costume on the side, it was purple, with pink boots, Cape and logo with a yellow band across the waist. I couldn't wait and so I put it on without hesitation.

"Melissa" I called out in excitement as I ran out the dressing room in my super suit, of course I had my one arm in the air as I pretended to fly, she soon appeared and smiled widely when she saw me "wow, you look awesome". I jumped up and down in happiness "I know, I love it, we're now Krypton buddies", she laughed and nodded as she took my hand "we have to show the others". Once everyone else saw me they all cheered and said I looked 'Super'.

 Once everyone else saw me they all cheered and said I looked 'Super'

Colored lines indicate which part is purple and pink