Chapter 18 (Chyler Fixing )

Katie's pov

It has been three months now, very tiring once at that too, it's just been so hard. I mean, Maddie had gotten so miserable, which is totally to be expected, her and Noah haven't spoken since that day, she's become so withdrawn and depressed. Seeming as she is alot better now though in the way of her physical health, me and Melissa thought it was time to came back to the set, it would do her some good.

Besides, she we had a couple new faces join the set a week ago, Emma and Odette, they play Ruby and Samantha Arias. Emma is around the same age as Maddie so I'm thinking they will get along, well I'm hoping so. I hate seeing her so sad, she's such a lovely girl who's been through way too much at such a tender age. Her thirteenth birthday was supposed to be the best she ever had and instead, she got hit by a car.

"Hey sweetheart, time to get up, gotta be at the set in an hour" I say as I open her bedroom door, she stirs a little and whines "I'm not going" i couldn't help but let out a sigh of frustration "YES you are" I sat rasing my voice a bit on the Yes which definitely got her attention as she made eye contact with me too which I could see the sadness in them it made my heart want to break into a trillion pieces. I couldnt be mad with her, she's hurting and who could blame her.

"Mom..." I suddenly heard and smiled as I said "yes baby" she then smiled ever so slightly as she asked "is Noah going to be there?". I then Frown and shake my head "sorry binneas, but im sure he will call you soon, your best friends after all" I try to reassure her but it felt rather awkward as I hardly felt it reassuring, myself. She then nods and mutters under her breath not thinking I could hear her "I don't know anymore".

Madeline's pov

1 hour later

"Hey, Mads, good to have you back Sweetie" Melissa said as she ran over to me pulling me into one of her hugs, which were amazing but I just felt so out of place lately so it just made me felt uncomfortable "good to be back" I smiled. I said my hellos to the others, Chyler had come over to see how I was but I could sense she felt awkward because she knew about me and Noah not talking, I really wish I knew what I'd supposed to have done, I miss him so much.

"Hey, It's Madeline right?" I suddenly heard from behind me which interrupted my train of thoughts, I turned around an saw a girl around the same age as me I nod my head "call me Maddie" I smiled. She did the same and replied "I'm Emma, it's really nice to meet you Maddie" then it hit me, she must be that girl I overheard Mom and Melissa talk about, she was joining the set.

After a long day of acting I sat down at the table and face palmed the table in frustration, I was just so fed up, why wouldn't Noah talk to me "Hey Mads, bad day?" I heard and so I lifted my head for a moment and saw Chyler standing opposite me "I guess" was all I managed to say. She then smiled slightly but it soon turned into a frown "sweetheart, I know what's wrong, you miss Noah and he misses you too" she then said.

I looked up at her at scoffed a little and replied maybe a little too harshly "yea right, he hasn't sent a single text since I woke from the coma, doesn't really strike me as a person who is missing someone". She then sat at the seat opposite and placed her hand in mine and made me look her in the eyes, I eventually did so and that's when she began to speak, she took a breath before starting.

"He does miss you, its just, he doesn't know hot to tell you but you need to know, so I am just going to come right out with it ok... Noah feels guilty" she said, I then replied back rather fast and in shock "Guilty... But Why?" she then smiled and continued "well his words were 'I didn't save her, my hand was right there and yet I couldn't do it, she got hit by that car and its all my fault and to top it off, I stud there like a statue and didn't help".

I then took a moment to process what I'd just heard and then asked in genuine curiosity "how did you remember all of that?" she then smiled "maybe cause I've heard it more than once, he really misses you Maddie, believe me, he does". I chuckled a little and then smiled "thank you Aunt Chyler, really, I needed to know this", she then smiled and embraced me with a hug "I know you did, what can I say, I'm always right".

I then stud up and excused myself as I walked to the dressing room where my bag was and reached for my phone, once I had it I dialed Noahs number and waited for it to answer and like I expected, it went to his voicemail but instead of hanging up like I usually do I decided to leave a message after the tone...

"Hey Noah, so erm I've really missed you, like alot, let's face it though, we're practically cousins, it's just I spoken with your mom and please don't get mad with her, she hasn't done anything wrong, she helped reassure me and comfort me while I was really upset and was honest with me which is something I really needed. She told me how you felt and I'm sorry you feel like this but please know that your aren't to blame... Noah you tried to save me, nobody even tried to risk themselves just for me, I'll alayas be grateful for that and please don't beat yourself up over it, as for standing like a statue, it's called schock, you saw me in a way your most likely wished you'd never have to see and so you reacted like any normal person. I guess what I'm saying is I don't care about what happened, I just want my best friend back, I want Noah back, so please please please call me back when you get this, lotta love my cous".