Chapter 13 (Your Not Dumb)

No one's pov

It was the morning after that movie night, Melissa had stopped the night and slept with Katie in her bed, they had both kissed Maddie goodnight and helped tuck her in, she had a good sleep for the first time in a while. Its probably due to the fact she felt alot more safer now, she knew that she was loved very much, not just by Katie, but Melissa too and everyone else on the set.

"Morning" Maddie greeted as she walked into the kitchen and saw Melissa and Katie blushing away as they kissed and flirted with one and other, they both stopped what they were doing when they heard Maddie and greeted her back in unison "good morning sweetheart". Katie then proceeded to make breakfast for her daughter while Melissa took sips of her coffee, "So erm, can I ask a question please" Maddie asked as she sat down at the table.

Melissa then joked "you just did", Maddie giggled and stuck her tongue out at her, Katie who was standing by the kettle standing by the toaster waiting for it to pop, laughed at the two of them joking about but then smiled "you know you can ask us anything Mads, what is it?". Maddie smiled and with that the toaster popped and Katie then spreaded the butter and jam on the toast and handed it to Maddie before sitting down opposite her.

"Thanks" Maddie said as she used her manners and then continued to ask her question "what is going to happen about school, its just..." she then hesitated for a moment but Katie then reassured her "whatever it is we will sort it sweetie, what's bothering you?". Melissa paid attention also and Maddie then nodded and spoke up about what was on her mind "Mr Stevens said I was dumb, that I was really stupid because I wasn't at the level I should be".

The two women looked at one and other sympathetically and then back at Maddie "you're not stupid Maddie, far from it, how can you be expected to know that level stuff when you haven't been taught it" Melissa said warmly as she smiled at the girl, Katie then nodded and agreed with her girlfriend "she's right Mads, all you need is someone to help catch you up on it all, you will succeed, I know you will, you Maddie are an extremely talented girl, you have a bright future ahead of you sweetheart".

Maddie nodded her head and thanked them as she picked up her toast and took a bite, Katie then continued "as for your question, you will need another set teacher but we have someone who willing to help, well two people I mean". Maddie then put her toast down and looked at them both in confusion "who?" she asked, Melissa then smiled and answered "Calista, she knows her stuff and you do get on with her".

Maddie then smiled widely and asked warmly "she's going to be my set teacher?", Katie then nodded "we didn't want to get another person we didn't know, plus we can trust her, she will go easy on you and help get you to the level you need to be". Maddie smiles yet again and thanks them both before digging back into her toast, Melissa then got up and poured some juice for the girl and put it next to the plate of toast.

Madeline's pov

Twenty-six hours later, at the set

"But kara, I want to be a hero, I can do it, I know I can, I'm Kryptonian like you, you saw me out there didn't you? I was kicking arse, you need me!" I said as I performed my Scene, Melissa then replied back with her lines "that don't matter Lorel, you may be from Krypton but you're just a kid, I wouldn't forgive myself if anything was to happen to you and who even made you the suit?".

Once we were done with our scene I highfived Melissa and she told me how awesome I was and I told her the same but then I noticed someone in the distance, a boy, around my age and he was sat at the table where I usually sat after I was done with my scene's "who's that?" I asked Melissa as I pointed to the boy, but it wasn't Melissa who answered it was Chyler "that's my son, Noah".

I then looked at Chyler and then back at the boy "can I meet him?", Chyler smiled and nodded her head before holding out her hand for me to take, I did just that and then we both walked over towards him."Hey, Noah, this is Maddie the girl I told you about, Katie's daughter" Chyler said to him once we were stud in front of him, he smiled and then stud up from where he was sat and shook my hand as he said "hi, it's nice to meet you Maddie".

Chyler had left us to chat and get to know one and other, I learned that he was just one year younger than me and he had two younger siblings, I didn't know Chyler had that many kids. We then started talking about what we liked to do for fun and our favourite foods and stuff, it was funny because we were actually pretty alike, we both agreed on pizza being the best food ever and we laughed about many of things.

"You should come over our place one of the days, we will have so much fun" Noah suggested, I nodded my head and smiled widely "I'd like that" I then looked around for Chyler and saw her talking to mom, I bet they're talking about us. "I'm going to go and ask, you coming?" I asked Noah, he nodded and smiled as he got up and we both went running to our mom's calling out for them excitedly.

"Mom, mom, can Maddie come over one of the nights" Noah asked, I then looked at my mom and pleaded as I did puppy dog eyes "please mom, pretty please". The two adults then looked at each other and smiled before nodding "I don't see why not" Chyler said and with that me and Noah started jumping up and down on the spot in happiness "yesss" we both screamed out in unison. I'd made my first friend and it just happened to be Chyler son, life couldn't get any better!