Chapter 21 (Everything's Changing)

Madeline's pov

It's been a very busy start to the new year, I had done many takes of many scenes before my final one on supergirl, as much as I am looking forward to being the main role in that upcoming movie, i also can't help but feel a little sad, maybe not even a little but more than that. Sure enough i was hiding it like I usually did, this was my big break I should be happy but why aren't I?

I was at first, when I originally got the news, I was literally bursting with happiness and so much excitement but now, well, now I'm not. Deep down I know why, it's because everything I've known in these last few years is here, everyone on set, they're so much more than what people would think, they're family. When you spend so much time with people, they become more than a friend or a colleague, so so so much more.

I guess the whole thing about me not being on set with them anymore has hit me, I've never had to worry about anything since being a part of this set. I have so many people here who just want the best for me, but on a new set, new people, even the director, sure enough Ricky sounded nice but I had grown to like the director of this awesome series which is loved by so many.

What makes this so great is the fact that I can use these emotions I'm feeling when doing my take of my final scene, the part where my character dies, being a hero of course. What better way than to die at supergirl and the DEO's side, keeping the national city and the rest of the world safe. As I sat down in the dressing room in my supersuit, I couldn't help but smile at my characters performance throughout the whole show.

She had started off as a young alien girl from Krypton just like Kara but didn't end up in earth until much much longer than she was expected too due to a certain complication along the way. Much similar to Kara's, her pod was knocked off course and into another place, not earth but a place where time was frozen. It wasn't until years later she ended up escaping when that planet ended up under attack, that's when she crashed into earth.

From that day she had Kara, Alex, Lena and all of the superfriends, teaching her how to control her powers, simply being a family to the girl who no longer had that place to call home. She grew up alongside it all, too which she decided one day she wanted to do what they all did, she wanted to be a hero and use her powers for good and so she did but not without the help of those she now called her family.

The girl did well too, she helped them try to defeat Lex and loads of Alien villains if you must but then that day come, it was just like any other but what she didn't know it was going to be her last day. A alien has attacked along with a few of his friends, to put it lightly they were causing a problem, they were too strong, too fast even, they were simply one step ahead.

Out of nowhere the girl suddenly saw one of the aliens release something and it was heading straight for Kara, anyone could see it was Kryptonite but a really strong one that could kill instantly as soon as it made contact with the flesh. The girl knew what she had to do, she chose this life, she knew that by saving supergirl she was also saving the city, the world even, so she did the most bravest thing a girl her age could do, she pushed kara out the way with her super strength.

Then just like that, the girl just started falling, Kara and the superfriends rushed towards her but when they got there, they realised they were to late and that this sweet girl who they'd let into there lives and grown to love wasn't no more. Her limp, lifeless body just stayed still, seeing this made supers angry and so they charged for them aliens like nothing until every one of them was dead.

"Hey, Mads, you okay there sweetheart?" Chyler asked as she stud by the dressing room doorway, I smiled slightly as I made eye contact with her and nodded "yea...yea, I'm fine, just thinking" Chyler smiled and sat down besides me, she placed a hand on my shoulder "I know, it's been a long ride eh? But we're so proud of you girly, you've done so well". We then hug and have sweet auntie and niece moment before I am called up to the scene.

30 minutes later

The scene was taken and I'd done exceptionally well according to the director and everyone else on set, since it was my last day, we were all decided to go for one last meal at our favourite pizza place. "You know Maddie... It really isn't going to be the same without you, really kid, we're gonna miss you" Jeremy suddenly said as we were sat at the table, I took a bite of my pizza and decided to use a bit of humour to lighten the mood "maybe now you can all get your moment of piece though!" I laughed.

Azie, David, Jeremy and Chyler joined in with the giggling, Melissa just cupped my face and kissed my forehead "we'll miss your sense of humour too!" I smile at them all but then look at my mom who has a hint of sadness in her eyes, since she is sad beside me I hold her hand from under the table and give it a squeeze, earing a quick soft glare of her I rest my head on her shoulder, earning a few awwees from the others.

"I'm never gonna forget any of you, I know u won't be around as much but I really do want you all to know how much I love you, your so much more than just a friend or work colleague if you must, your family, not by blood but by heart" I then look to my mom, still with my head resting on her "and you mom, well, I am 90% sure your my guardian angel I mean you put up with so much and gain so little in return".

My mom then smiles at me as I see a tear escape her eye, she wipes one from mine I didn't even realise was there "sweetie, the love from you is enough, seeing you grow into the lovely girl you are, is enough, you give me more than you think you do, I love you so much... We all do and despite you not being on set, you'll always be part of the Supergirl family". We all then clash our drinks together as we drink to mom's words, of course I don't have alcohol in mine.

In the next chapter you'll be seing a little tif if you must between Katie and Maddie as they have there first proper argument, if there is anything you'd possibly like to have said by any of them then feel free to comment below a suggestion.

It could be something Katie says to her or visa versa, I have some ideas but I want to see if any of you have some too

Thanks for all your votes and comments, it's much appreciated, love you all and hope your having a good day or night, whichever it may be while you read this book!

❤️💙💜