Chapter 1 "Agent Cox"

Darkness was all I could see. No matter how I squinted my eyes to make out something, it was still useless, it had clouded my vision. Not only that, my arms and legs were bound, it was difficult for me to move, but nevertheless, panicking was the last thing I would be doing as I knew who exactly I was dealing with. He was the who held me against my will, but it wasn't enough for me to be anxious. I knew what he was capable of, but he didn't know mine.

"Can someone take this damn blindfold off? It's making my eyes itchy," I complained as I briefly squirmed in place, showing whoever was in the room with me, my discomfort.

I suddenly heard footsteps coming towards me, and as I expected, they took the blindfold off, causing me to eventually squint at the sudden brightness that greeted me. Briefly looking around, and eventually seeing the high-rise buildings through the glass wall, I could tell immediately where I was.

"How's that?" I heard a familiar voice as I adjusted my vision to the surrounding, and looking up, the familiar face of the the middle-aged man with a weird mustache appeared in my view. Even if I had seen the same smile for days, I still found it unnerving.

"Better, except your...face," I said, mumbling the last word, and briefly averted my gaze, causing the man's smile to disappear.

"I like how straightforward you are, but sometimes it's annoying," he said, making me snort and roll my eyes. "I think you know why you're here," he continued, suddenly looking stern.

"Not really, why don't you enlighten me, daddy..." I replied mockingly, earning me a small smile from him once again, but it was just for a brief moment when his face suddenly contorted in anger, and in an instant, my head immediately swayed to the side, after he backhanded me.

The light stinging sensation on my cheek, and the familiar coppery taste of blood on my lip were enough for me to start getting pissed.

"I'm not playing here, you little hoe," he warned, making me snort as I licked the blood on the corner of my lips. I then began to chuckle like nothing happened which caused him to frown, so as the two bodyguards behind him.

"This is why you're single even at your age right now, Greg," I mocked, "you hit women, and that's a no no," I added, and continued to chuckle until I felt another sting on my right cheek when he backhanded me again. "Didn't you hear what I just said?!" I snapped, glaring at him as I was starting to seethe in anger, "That's...a bad habit you got there...You can't get them to like you when you're doing that," I mumbled instead of cursing him to no end. It was hard to calm down when you had anger issues, but somehow I was managing it.

"Look here, hoe," he called, leaning in so his face was inches closer to mine, "I don't have to do something to get women to like me...With my money, they're gonna come to me on their own...just like you did, right? I just picked you up from the street, remember? Now, enough games, where is the flash drive that you took from me?"

"Flash drive? I'm not sure what you're talking about..."

"Don't you dare play coy with me..."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, you're no fun, but since I'm being nice, okay I'll tell you...I don't have your drive, I already gave it to my boss," I replied nonchalantly, and eventually, he grabbed me by the jaw, glaring at me sharply.

"What did you just do? Who are you working for?!" he hissed in anger.

"If I tell you, where's the fun in that?"

"You're aware of the situation you are in, right?"

I shrugged, "Yeah?"

"If you don't tell me where my drive is, I will kill you," he threatened, and I just smiled in response.