Chapter 4 "Walters"

(Pics of Agent Walters at the end of the chapter)

Scarlett

I pried my eyes open, and stared at the ceiling momentarily to get rid of the haziness and the drowsiness I was feeling, before turning to my side, and saw Olivia's sleeping form, her small back was on me. Eventually, I got reminded by the fight that we had yesterday, and how that short argument had hurt both of us. Though I couldn't blame her for acting that way as I knew she had been waiting for years to get back at Red, and she hated not doing anything about it, knowing Red was within reach. The only thing that really pricked my heart was the fact that she said she didn't need me, for the first time in our entire relationship. I couldn't bring myself to forget those words and the way she had said it. I knew it wasn't her intention, it was the anger that drove her to say it out loud, but still, that hurt me, and it made me wonder if that was what she was feeling the whole time we were together.

It was going to hurt, but I would understand it if she meant what she said. I wasn't a perfect girlfriend, I failed her so many times even before we got together, but I knew the most important thing I had failed to do was find Red, and even when she didn't say anything, she probably felt hopeless and upset about it.
I tried everything I could, but clearly it wasn't enough, and Black had beat me to it, of all people. And when we finally found out Red's location, I had to stop her from going, which definitely fueled her anger. But I guess it was better than had her going to the lion's den alone and unprepared. I didn't want to think what would happen if I wasn't able to stop her from doing that.

Kissing the back of her head, I slowly pulled the covers off me, and silently got off the bed, before heading towards the mini kitchen to make our breakfast. We were not on speaking terms, but the fight that we had, wouldn't stop me from doing one of my girlfriend duties.

Few minutes later, before I could set everything up, I stopped midway when I saw her gently stirred on the bed, slowly stretching her arms up, before sitting up. She momentarily looked around, and when she turned her head to look back, her eyes found mine, but she eventually averted her gaze, and proceeded to get off the bed. She then walked to my direction silently, yet still couldn't look straight to my eyes.

"You want a cup of coffee?" I asked once she had taken her seat to avoid any awkward silence.

She nodded, "Yes, please."

"Okay, wait a sec," I replied, turning my back on her, and started making her one. I could feel her gaze on my back, which made it hard for me to concentrate on what I was doing.

Halfway through, I suddenly felt her arms wrapped around my waist as she rested her chin on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she eventually mumbled, "I didn't mean what I said yesterday..." she mumbled, stopping me from moving.

"I know. You were just angry..."

"Still, I shouldn't have said those words."

Sighing, I gently pulled her arms off my waist so I could turn around and face her. I couldn't help but eventually admired her. With her disheveled hair, and morning bare face, she still looked beautiful as always.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have stopped you that way. I should have tried a calmer approach."

"And I should have listened to you from the start, we could have avoided that argument. It was my fault, babe."

"No, it wasn't, babe. Though...can I ask you one thing? Since yesterday, I can't stop wondering about it, it's been bugging me the whole time."

"Yeah, what is it?"

"I know you didn't mean when you said you didn't need me, but I just wanna know if...if you thought or felt that way about me before..." I asked, unsure if I was prepared or not in hearing her answer. Though I had to ask as I couldn't wait another time to bring up the thing I was overthinking about.