Chapter 10 "Ally"

Olivia

Groaning, I slowly fluttered my eyes open, and tried to make out the surrounding. Everything was hazy and silent, but once my clouded vision had gradually cleared up, the dull pain on the side of my head came, which made me shut my eyes again to ease the discomfort.

I tried to remember what happened, how I ended up bound to a chair and for a moment, I thought I wouldn't remember, but once my vision finally cleared up, it all came crashing back.

Back at Chief's bar, I was ambushed in the parking lot. I didn't notice the dangers lurking in the corner as I was distracted. I let my guard down, and I didn't manage to fight back when they ambushed me. I got hit in the head, and everything just went dark.

"I'm glad you're awake," I heard an unfamiliar voice of a woman, and looking up, I saw someone approaching. I couldn't see their face as it was obscured by darkness, but as they stepped out of the shadows, I finally saw the owner of the voice.

She looked like she was in late twenties, with a medium bob brown hair framing her oval face. She was wearing a white tank top, making her muscles quiet obvious, paired with a navy blue jeans and black boots.

She stopped in front, looking down on me with her intimidating gaze.

"Can I help you?" I asked mockingly, but she ignored me, and instead walked to the side to get the empty chair, dragging it with her as she stopped in front of me. She quietly took a seat, and looked at me impassively.

This was where she would probably interrogate and torture me if I wouldn't cooperate. The dark room with the only light coming from the bulb hanging over my head, alone with the people who kidnapped me, definitely was a cliche.

"I apologize for what my friends did back there. I told them to ask you...nicely."

"Who are you? What do you want?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes. No matter how I tried to recall, I couldn't remember meeting her before.

"I'm Harper, but my friends call me Slick..."

"What do you want? How do you know me?"

She straightened up, "I heard...rumors. Someone was looking for the Vipers. A new face they say."

"So, Romeo couldn't shut his mouth," I mumbled, remembering how that guy swore not to say a single word after he gave us the lead about the Vipers and Red. "Were you following me?"

She nodded.

"It wasn't easy, but good thing I'm the best at tracking people down," she boasted, making me roll my eyes. "Why are you looking for the Vipers?"

I sighed. "It's personal. Why do you wanna know anyway?"

She pursed her lips, looking at me intently. She didn't answer me right away, but when she did, it actually caught me by surprise.

"I need your help..."

Frowning, I asked. "What help?"

I thought she was going to ask me for some information, given my current situation, and not for some help.

"I need your help to take down the Vipers...I need weapons, men who--"

"Wait, wait, I'm gonna stop you right there..." I cut her off, "You need my help taking down the Vipers? Why would I do that?...Your friends ambushed me, knocked me out and brought me here, tied me to a chair, which by the way, you didn't even bother to untie me, and you expect me to help you?" I said, displeased. My wrists were starting to get itchy, and it was getting annoying. It didn't help the fact that she made no attempt to free me.