Chapter 19 "Uninvited"

Walking assertively towards the entrance as if there weren't guys armed with big guns surrounding us, I momentarily glanced at Walters beside me, and saw her eyeing them warily.

"Are you trying to get me killed?" she mumbled under her breath.

"That's on you. I told you to stop following me," I retorted, stopping in front of a guy who briefly raised a hand to stop us.

"State your business," he said with a deep, low voice. He eyed Walters, examining her from head to toe, before shifting his gaze back on me.

"I need to see Slick."

"Who?" he asked, frowning, but he knew damn well who I was referring to.

"Harper," I corrected, remembering only Harper's friends could call her Slick.

"She's occupied at the moment..."

"I'm sure she can spare some time to see me, after all...you wouldn't be back here in the Serra if it weren't for my help." After we tore down Red's gang, Harper's little gang immediately took over the place, wiping what was left of the Vipers.

The guy hesitated, but after a moment, he eventually motioned for the others who were standing by the entrance, to walk away.

"Follow me," he simply said, and without hesitation, I followed him inside. Walters reluctantly trailed behind, keeping vigilant.

The guy led us to the familiar lobby where some of his friends were lingering, giving us hostile looks, mostly directed on Walters.

"Wait here," the guy said as he started walking towards a room near the staircase.

"If looks could kill..." Walters started, glancing at the men who kept looking at her.

"Don't blame me if you can't get out of here alive."

"They can try. I won't go down without a fight," she retorted, and I rolled my eyes.

I heard the door's creak echoed from the distance as it opened once again, and the guy who fetched Harper eventually came out, followed by her who looked like she ran a marathon. Sweat glistened on her skin as she was approaching us, and she was out of breath. I glanced down, and saw her knuckles had traces of blood on them, giving me an idea of what she had been doing.

"What brings you here?" Harper eventually asked as she stopped in front of us, wiping her knuckles with a cloth that was just given to her.

"I was hoping to talk to you...in private," I said, eyeing her men surrounding us.

"Who's she?" she asked, looking at Walters suspiciously.

"A colleague--"

"Walters. I'm sure you've heard of me?"

Harper slowly shook her head, frowning. "Uh no, I don't think so..."

"For goodness sake, how would she know about you?" I said, looking at Walters incredulously.

She shrugged, "I'm just kidding! Calm your tits down, Scarlett. You're way too serious..." she said, chuckling, while I took a deep breath to keep my anger at bay.

"Right...Let's get down to business," Harper said, beckoning me to follow her, before turning her back and started walking towards the room she was in earlier.

"Where do you think you're going?" I questioned, noticing Walters was following me.

"Where do you think I'm going?"

"Stop pissing me off, Arya!" I snapped, glaring at her, "You're not needed here, and I don't need you. So why don't you just piss off, and leave me the fuck alone!" My outburst seemed to catch her off guard, and catch the others' attention, but I didn't mind. I had enough of her.