Chapter 20 "Confirmation"

Groaning, I looked up and saw Sara unconscious, while Walters stirred weakly as she was recovering from the impact, the rest was still, not until I felt a hand on my shoulder, followed by a strong pair of arms as they suddenly hoisted me up. I let them drag me as I bided my time to gather my bearing. As reality came crashing in, I finally heard the emergency alarm clearly, and I got to take a good look at the intruders who barged in.

As soon as I gathered enough strength, I fought back.

Elbowing the guy on my right in his gut, I pushed the guy from my left away with enough force, before kicking him hard on the stomach. The other one in front saw what I did, and was about to shoot me, but Walters beat him to it as she kicked the gun away, before striking him.

There were five of them. Judging by their messy entrance, and sloppy actions, it was like they were lowly goons, and they weren't planning to kill us, considering they didn't shoot us when we were incapacitated.

I turned to the guys I just kicked and elbowed, and out of reflex, I ducked out of sight as one of them pulled the trigger in my direction. I slid across the floor, towards the shooter, and pushed his gun up as I stood up, punching his gut then his face. As he staggered back, I snatched his gun away, and shot the other guy on the side, before knocking the guy near me unconscious.

"Who the fuck are these guys?!" Walters snapped, after downing the last one. "What a bunch of useless pricks!"

"One way to find out," I said, before walking to the guy I just shot. He was still alive, writhing in agony as he pressed a hand on his wound. I crouched down, looking at him intently. "Who sent you?" He didn't answer, and just looked at me unsteadily. I then forcefully pulled his hand away from his wound, and lowered the gun, pressing the muzzle on it. He eventually howled in pain. "I won't ask again..."

"He's...gonnna come for you all," he stammered, panting heavily.

"Who?" I asked, but my attention then snapped to my left as Walters punched another one who was already on the floor, to sleep.

"Sorry," she said as I glared at her for distracting me.

"Ram...page," the guy answered, catching my attention back on him.

"He played you. You didn't know what we're capable of, did you?"

"We just needed...money...Please...help," he mumbled, before his eyes rolled back, and lost consciousness.

"We have to get out of here before the cops show up," I said, and walked towards Sara who remained unconscious. As I was about to wake her up, Violet suddenly appeared at the doorway, with a gun in hand, looking frantic, but when her gaze landed on the unconscious Sara, her face instantly paled.

She immediately ran in our direction, and crouched down to check on her girlfriend.

"She's fine, V," I said, and she sighed in relief.

"Thank God! What the hell happened here?" she asked as she tried to wake Sara.

"David Carter," I simply said.

"What a mess. I'm glad you're all okay," she said, looking down at Sara in concern.

"You should get out of here. I'm gonna grab what I can get, I'll meet you back at the Agency after."

Sara then stirred slowly, fluttering her eyes open, and as soon as she saw Violet, she eventually wrapped her arms around her.

"Thank God, you're here," Sara mumbled in relief.

"Everything's okay now. Let's get you home," Violet replied as they broke apart. She then looked up at me. "I'm gonna stay with Sara for a bit..."

I nodded, "Okay."