Chapter 14 "Taken"

"I'm gonna fucking kill you," I said, causing Red to snort and suddenly burst into laughter, as if she heard something ridiculous. It fueled my anger. I couldn't stand how she could easily mock me. After what she had put me through all these years, I didn't have the patience to deal with her mockery.

I noticed she hadn't changed much. She still look the same, apart from the way she dressed, and the way she was bringing herself. She was becoming The Mother. Although I wasn't surprised. The Mother's influence had ran deep on both Red and her late sister.

"You sure know how to make me laugh, Olivia. It's been a while since I laughed that hard," she responded after a while, wiping the corner of her eyes. "...I must admit, I didn't expect you, of all people, to be here. I can with Scarlett, but not you...So, you became an agent, after all."

"That's because you killed my father!"

"And you killed my sister!" she eventually snapped, her eyes full of hatred, but it was for a short moment as she took a deep breath, and smiled momentarily, composing herself. "...You killed my sister, I just had to get even."

"You ruined my life..."

She snorted, "No, Olivia, you ruined your life the moment you killed my sister and let me go."

She then gestured to her men to lower their weapons, which they did easily.

"You know...I lost the hope of seeing you again," she added as I carefully studied her, "...you went off the radar. I thought you were gonna take over your dad's company, and live a normal life, but you didn't, and I wondered, really...But then, one day, somebody sabotaged our business, I thought it was random, until three of our facilities were down, and I knew then we were being targeted..."

"Did you think I would leave you alone just like that?" I said, clenching my jaw.

"No, I expected you to come for me, but it took you a while, I thought you gave up."

"I can't give up, not when you're still alive."

Her face lit up. "Ahh, now I get it. You're targeting the Vipers to get to me, right?...I feel flattered, really."

"Bask in the moment, coz it wouldn't last long."

She smiled, "You want to find that out?" she said, slowly taking her high heels off. "I'm afraid I'm not dressed for this, and I hate to ruin my dress, but I'm feeling generous so I'll spare you some time," she added, adjusting her red, high slit, long dress.

"Olivia, don't," Scarlett finally said firmly.

"You know I can't pass up this opportunity, Scarlett," I replied.

"You're not ready...and you're shot," she mumbled.

I knew she was worried, but I didn't want her or anyone to stop me. I had been waiting so long for this, I just couldn't miss this chance just because I wasn't ready.

"No matter what, don't interrupt us," Red said to her lackeys before meeting my gaze, and smirked. "You ready, Olivia?"

Instead of answering her, I slowly took a step forward, then another, until I began running towards her, raising a fist to hit her. She easily blocked my first strike, then the next one, before swinging a fist on my way, which I easily avoided.

I sent a kick to her stomach, but she held my boot and quickly pushed it aside, mirroring my attack as she sent a kick on my side, causing me stagger back. She didn't give me time to recover as she rushed forward, and jumped, driving her knee up and towards me, good thing I managed to block it, so as her incoming strike.