Chapter 6 "James"

(Everleigh James on the media)

Scarlett

Briefly roaming my gaze around the area, I eventually removed my sunnies, and proceeded to head towards the empty table at the corner as Violet trailed behind me. We settled ourselves quietly, sitting across each other as we started looking at the menu.

The restaurant had a nice ambiance to it, with a creative mid-century lighting fixtures hanging from the ceiling, and a good vintage theme interior. For me this a good place to eat and relax, after coming from outside getting scorched under the intense heat of the sun, unfortunately, we weren't here to eat nor relax as we were on a lookout. Even if I wanted to try something new in this place, I knew I wouldn't be enjoying it.

"This place is nice," Violet commented as she pretended to scan the menu.

"I know. I could use a drink, what about you?"

"Yeah, me too. I'm parched."

We waited for a few minutes, until a waitress came to our table with a kind smile plastered on her face.

"Good afternoon, ma'am, what can I get you?"

"Hi, can I have a cucumber lemonade," Violet answered rightaway.

"I'll just have a house blend iced tea, please," I said, smiling up to the waitress.

"Would that be all, ma'am?"

"Yeah--"

"Actually," I cut Violet off, "I just wanna ask if Lara is in today?"

"Oh, are you Ate Lara's friends?" the waitress asked curiously, shifting her gaze between us.

I nodded, and smiled once again, "Yeah, we're here on a vacation. We wanna surprise her, so, here we are. I'm Samantha, by the way, and this is Violet."

"I see, ma'am. Hold on, I'll call her, and I'll bring you your orders," she said.

"Thank you," I replied.

"Salamat," Violet mumbled, making the waitress smile, before she turned her back on us and walked away. "She's pretty," she added as soon as the waitress was out of earshot.

"V, less compliments for other women," I reminded.

"I know, but it's not like I'm gonna sleep with her, I know my limits."

"Good, but don't let Sara hear you say that."

"I won't, not anymore. I've done that one time, and boy I would never do it again. Sara gave me the silent treatment for a day, and it was hard to woo her. Since that moment, she was like onto me the whole time we were together," she narrated, making me chuckle,"she gets pretty scary when she's angry and jealous...I learned my lesson."

"That's why I'm always careful around Liv," I said, smiling, "and I only focus on her."

"Yeah, I noticed. You changed, bitch...So, how are you two?"

"We're good, I...It's hard not to fall in love with her everyday, you know," I admitted even if it sounded sappy, remembering that time Olivia said I was her home. It was one of the sweetest things she had said to me that I could never forget.

When it came to expressing my feelings for Olivia, I no longer felt reluctant. I always wanted to brag and tell the world how lucky I was that I had her. That was one thing about me that I changed, for her.

She deserved to be bragged about how amazing she was as a girlfriend and a partner.

"Ugh, you're so in love, I can't stand it," she said jokingly, making me chuckle.